Question Curacao-What's Your Experience with Marazul Dive Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion is to find a VRBO closer to the city, use dive bus for a vehicle and unlimited tanks, load up and travel the island rather than sticking to one area but that’s just me and I really prefer the freedom to go dive when and where I feel like on my own schedule.

I’ll be there the first week of June.

Any update from those of you who stayed there this past year?, @DirtFish @Red_Rock_Diver ? There seems to be some construction on the south side for a condo development, did that pose any disturbance to your stay or was the construction all complete? My wife and I are looking into Marazul and would greatly appreciate any/all feedback on the matter.

Stayed at Marazul for a month - mid September to mid October this year (70 dives). At times, you could hear the construction (hammer drill noise or workers voices), if you were outside on the inland side of units 6 to 15 or the units near the office. Some noise in the unit if the windows were open but I don't recall much noise while being on the ocean side. When I was there, they were working on 4 units in various stages of construction. If I recall correctly, the work does not start before 8 am and concludes by 4 pm. The new construction is called Punta Azul Ocean Resort. There is information on the web. Based on island time construction, I will assume that construction will still be occurring when I return in February 2024 for 2 weeks. I can update after I return. Feel free to PM me here.

Stayed at Marazul for a month - mid September to mid October this year (70 dives). At times, you could hear the construction (hammer drill noise or workers voices), if you were outside on the inland side of units 6 to 15 or the units near the office. Some noise in the unit if the windows were open but I don't recall much noise while being on the ocean side. When I was there, they were working on 4 units in various stages of construction. If I recall correctly, the work does not start before 8 am and concludes by 4 pm. The new construction is called Punta Azul Ocean Resort. There is information on the web. Based on island time construction, I will assume that construction will still be occurring when I return in February 2024 for 2 weeks. I can update after I return. Feel free to PM me here.
Thank you for the update!! Any idea as to what is closest to the water at punta azul, a pool (to be built still?) The houses stop further back but there's some sort of smaller cement foundation.

Still all very encouraging that you're so content with Marazul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom