Great Blue Hole Belize what was your experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's interesting. I went to the Blue Hole with Aqua Dives from Ambergris Caye in 2006. It was an extremely rough crossing and we learned that the boat wasn't that seaworthy. We got actual bumps and bruises from all the crashing up and down and tried to cushion the smacks by sitting on lifejackets. They were hammering things back on as boards and things went flying off. We thought that was really bad.

The following week, the boat broke in half after it crashed into a reef. All passengers and crew were rescued.

My next time to the Blue Hole on the Belize Aggressor III was pretty smooth sailing.

Do you remember a couple by the name of Cathy and Hadley on the boat with you the day that you went out with Aqua Dives?

Do you remember a couple by the name of Cathy and Hadley on the boat with you the day that you went out with Aqua Dives?

Wow, no, I can't say that I do from 15 years ago. Should I? Small world...

Wow, no, I can't say that I do from 15 years ago. Should I? Small world...

They were on that boat and I was there on the island but not diving with them, uh, because I know better than to dive with that company?

Such a small world, that I didn't know that they were going to be on the island and they didn't know I'd be there either.

I had left my friends at a beach bar around 4 pm as I went back to my room to get something, when I heard my last name being bellowed out. Not very many call me by my last name, so it was a wonderful surprise since it was my birthday too.

We are still friends, not that we see each other often but you know when people are friends from young adulthood, things stay pretty much the same in the affection category.

Glad this thread has elicited more comments about the Blue Hole and the other dive sites you then visit. I agree with the comments that one thing that is good about Caribbean vs Indonesia is getting to see sharks though one shark you do get to see in Indonesia besides nurse sharks are Wobbegongs which are pretty cool. Saw quite a few in RA along with a smattering of other sharks.

Back
Top Bottom