What would you do with my tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

which is barely enough for the dives I do
But they'll work for the time being. I don't complain about my tanks not holding enough gas for my dives because the LDS won't break DOT rules and overfill them. Not being a dick, just pointing out that they are usable just not in the way you'd like.

Sidemount or manifold them and you'll have plenty of gas with them. 162cf at rated + pressure is a nice long dive.

That or sell them and wait until black Friday or an LDS annual sale to pick up some new Faber 100s.

I’d dump everything but the steel 100’s.
Buy two more 100’s and get a 7-1/4” diameter steel 120 instead of that fatso 8” 119.
Have you been in my garage? Sounds a lot like what I would do/did do. I used to have a couple of fat 133s. I got rid of them as I wanted the more standard diameter to avoid problems with tank racks and having to adjust the bands. Got Faber 120s to replace those, and 2 different sets of PST HP100s showed up a couple weeks apart.

I still have a couple of AL80s, but I haven't dove them in a while. They are mainly for my kids. They need less weight and can deal with those. I'll use HP100s if they are using the AL80s, or use the HP120s if they are using the HP100s. They have lower SAC rates than me, and this keeps us fairly even.

If you got DIN regs, I’d trade my two 100s for the 85s if you’re interested.
IMG_5664.jpeg
IMG_5665.jpeg
IMG_5666.jpeg

I’d dump everything but the steel 100’s.
Buy two more 100’s and get a 7-1/4” diameter steel 120 instead of that fatso 8” 119.
I won’t even let aluminums on my property.
Ya, I've thought of getting 120s. I'm only 5'6" so I thought they'd be too long for me. Will have to rent and see

You remind me of an old dive buddy that remarked "Air?!? Air is for tires" when I mentioned using air on shallow dives. :)

Ya, I've thought of getting 120s. I'm only 5'6" so I thought they'd be too long for me. Will have to rent and see
That could be an issue. I can use them, but I'm 6'. I definitely wouldn't want to get longer tanks.

That could be an issue. I can use them, but I'm 6'. I definitely wouldn't want to get longer tanks.
I'm 5'11 and wouldn't want shorter tanks. I have one 100 and it can be a pain to get into my BPW.

Back
Top Bottom