What would you ask Jean-Michel Cousteau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls:
Karen...I'd ask him if he knew Steve Zissou and if he had ever seen a jaguar shark:)

Or more on point - What little spitting contest caused the movie to be retitled and a legal disclaimer (in elegant lawyereese) to be in the credits about how Zissou wasn't JYC and there never was any intention to parody a living or dead person. No Siree... nothing like that at all, never even heard of Cousteau, Zissou?

What caused that, Zissou?

(And if you really don't know what I am talking about... take a look at the "credits" one more time. Very interesting.)

"Need some help???"

the K

What is the truth about the Blue Hole off Belize?

What's the french word for "nepotism"?

drbill:
In my opinion (legal disclaimer there), it is not Jean-Michel that let the Calypso rot. He was no longer with The Cousteau Society which, while not the legal owner of the vessel, had much control over its destiny. It was his father's widow Francine who was in charge of TCS during this period. JMC attempted to gain legal jurisdiction through the courts but was unsuccessful.

That's why I'd like to ask him the question. I'd like to know. Even if your belief is correct it is a little vague.

Seriously, any idea where I could find the story. Has there been an article or interview published telling someone's version of why it was allowed to fall into such pathetic condition?

theskull

I'll take down notes of all of your comments in case he comes down to Latin America...
very interesting matters, indeed... the hat and wine ones made me laugh!
Divers are always nice...:D

Karen Es:
in case he comes down to Latin America...

Argentina? In the 80's I skiied regularly at Tito Lowenstein's Las Lenas Resort and flew PanAm gateway through Buenos Aires. Even after many visits, Avenida Florida still amazed me... seeemed like it was maybe 16 lanes wide?

The people were always engaging and the women were simply stunning.

The steaks were good, too.

You get to dive the places that we are still just talking about!

Blue Hole? Dy-no-mite!

RoatanMan:
Argentina? In the 80's I skiied regularly at Tito Lowenstein's Las Lenas Resort and flew PanAm gateway through Buenos Aires. Even after many visits, Avenida Florida still amazed me... seeemed like it was maybe 16 lanes wide?

The people were always engaging and the women were simply stunning.

The steaks were good, too.

You get to dive the places that we are still just talking about!

Blue Hole? Dy-no-mite!

:14: Hey, that's my country and my office is 5 blocks away from Florida Street. You should come here again! (most probably you mean Avenida 9 de Julio - 9th of July Avenue, seems to be the widest avenue of the world).
Well, I've made some trips to dive, but still newbie... and definitely, waters in the South are VERY cold (and there are so many places to see apart from this country).
Nice to know you felt Buenos Aires magic!
Karen

Back
Top Bottom