What things in diving give you the willies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing that gave me and some times still does, is when I swim along a shelve and then swim out off a vertical wall and there is nothing under you just darkness no bottom

New to AOW at a lake in Austria approx 90 ft and out of the gloom looms a huge grill going down as deep as I can see. All I can suddenly think of is "Don't Open the Sluice Gates".
I now know that heightened anxiety is the first sign that I am getting narced, at the time I just thought I would be sucked in to the outflow and spat out at the bottom of the valley.

My biggest fear is waiting for the virus to strike after sitting next to the snot nosed kid on the plane ride to Cayman. Somehow the parents get to sit 5 rows ahead and the little bastard is sneezing and wiping for three hours. That's scary. BTW, it only takes a day and the trips ruined. God bless the the little ones. At least you can recover in warm sunshine. Cheers

The weather report :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People with all the gear but no idea.

Also swimming back to shore in shallow water where stingrays come in during the evening. I really don't want to swim over the top of one and have it freak out...

exiting the "Cut" when drifting the Niagara River.....(especially at night)

"insta-buddies" with little cold water experience when diving in Tobermory...

anticipation of free flows at >100' with sub-42 degree water (I've just jinxed myself for saying it, but I am yet to have one)

on charters with others doing training dives

the >4xl sized women's underwear I found in the quarry :fear:

oh, almost forgot:

some of the hoods jyaeger shows up with....:confused:

Last edited:
Crocodile. No effin business being in the water while I am, wrong on every level. Thats the big one.....almost made me bolt for the surface, nothing else has freaked me to that extent.

To a lesser degree - mantis shrimp and titan trigger fish, and am not overly fond of giant solitary baras showing me their teeth.

Non biological.....Propellers and getting hit in the head by a cargo ship when ive ended up in shipping lanes.

...........and the spirit world.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom