Budget strobe for TG-5 + Seafrogs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though Intova went out of business several years ago, I am still shooting with their ISS2000 slave flash. If you find a used one, get it. It is kinda bulky because it takes 4xAA. They have a smaller PX-21 which is still available at Amazon for $59.99 (I never tried this one).

Why would you need HSS under water?
Most common use is in macro, using high speeds to darken background completely to bring out the object. When I upgraded to slr, I was pretty disappointed not being able to use hi speeds. Without hss, to darken the background pitch black, you need to have clear empty water behind the object also you have to work much harder on positioning of your strobes. With hss, you can approach your object from any angle and just crack up your shutter.
Anyway, so I can try to get any "modern" (??) Inon or Sea and Sea used, which would fit my budget and which is at least manual, is that so?
Absolutely, having rc is not a criterion necessarily, get the cheaper one between two brands. I give the edge to inon, because it can do, sTTL, manual, external manual. STTL is also manually tweakable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom