What the ?#$@ is the deal with LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB125

Registered
Reaction score
I ordered two dive computers from Liesurepro by phone and when they arrived, I only got one instruction manual and one of the computers looked USED! There was a small crack in the housing or rubber around the face of the computer, there were small "dents" about the housing and dust in the lens face. So, I call them up and ask about the manual and "used" looking computer. I get a bit of attitude upon making a comment on sending me used equipment. He said he would exchange the computer if I purchased a new one and would reimburse me when he received the "used" one. No biggie, Right?
So, I call them back today to make arrangements to send them back the computer and receive a message that states that they are closed due to "Pass-over" holiday and won't be open until April 11 at 9AM. IT'S APRIL 2ND! What the (BLEEP)!!! All I can say is that I completely avoid doing business with them again...

For sure getting a used computer sucks big time. As for their being closed: Yup, LP and two of the biggest, best camera suppliers in NYC are all closed for Jewish holidays. Personally, I think that's kind of cool. Unfortunately, in this case, it's turned a smaller problem into a much bigger one.

Yeah,.. don't blame you. I'm not a LeisurePro fan myself.
I do love Scuba.com though. Great site & service.

PB125:
I ordered two dive computers from Liesurepro by phone and when they arrived, I only got one instruction manual and one of the computers looked USED!

Actually on the LP website, it says your product might not come with an English language manual.

see http://www.leisurepro.com/Content/FAQ.html#WarrantyPolicy

I'm betting since you ordered two of them, they took the manual out to put in another product they bought overseas and didn't have an English Manual for.

If it didn't come with any warranty cards from the manufacturer and came with a Liesure Pro warranty card, then you don't have any manufactures warranty either.

Fun huh? :D

While this doesn't help your frustrations, their Holiday Closure schedule is posted on their website
http://www.leisurepro.com/PopUp/April-07.html

I got one without an English manual from them once..when I called,they apologized and sent me one pronto even though you could download it from the manufactures site.

With discounted prices often come diminished returns. You yourself have to decide what you will accept. I like doing business with them (and others), but then again, I will buy used stuff and will shop at flea markets. Not saying that Leisure Pro or a local LDS is a flea marketeer or not- you just shouldn't complain so much about the Chamapagne if you dine at Dennys. And try not to complain about the meal until after desert is served!

I am sure they will make the used item right. Try to understand how retail works. Sometimes used stuff comes back and it gets restocked instead of charged back. Whoops- it got sent back out.

You undoubtedly could have sent it back and they would have exchanged it right there and then during your first conversation... a few days ago, apparently. The deal you cut was indicative of impatience or need to have the corrected item right then and there, worry about getting credit for the old one later. If you needed the new one asap, it was a good idea. If you could have waited, it was a bad idea.

I see that in your history of five posts, you are looking forward to a trip in May. That's a few days off, yet.

So, either way, you considered their proposal for a few days, then, today, you called them back. Hmmm.

Your launch of the rant about being off for the holiday makes me wonder if you might be less than reasonable. Seems like the only thing that got you in the mood to write about this today, right here and now- was their Passover Day Off.

Borat?

I would have rather seen you report your story after resolution. I look forward to you posting that.

I got my stuff from LP....I will have to say that I got everything that I paid for.....as for extraordinary service, I would say NO.

Your launch of the rant about being off for the holiday makes me wonder if you might be less than reasonable. Seems like the only thing that got you in the mood to write about this today, right here and now- was their Passover Day Off.

:11: A sad bit of commentary... but, unfortunately, doubtless true.

I, on the other hand, just had a great experience with them cross-shipping wetsuits to try on. They were, er... efficient on the phone, but nothing that couldn't be ascribed to simply being a Yankee :)

Also, I never expected my credit card to be credited back before Passover, but it was!

Sucks that you have to send it back for exchange, but at least they are taking care of it. Sorry I don't sympathize with you about them being closed. Leisure Pro is a Jewish owned company and they are closed for their religious holidays.

I have had good luck with them in the past, but their service is not great. I pefer scubatoys service and leisurepro's prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom