What the ?#$@ is the deal with LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blindref757:
Passover cost LP $150 this week. I wanted a dive bag, had it in the cart and ready to checkout when I got the message that my stuff wouldn't ship for nearly a week--I called Joe at ST and he shipped it immediately--and matched the price.

I've ordered from LP, Scuba.com, and ScubaToys.com. I was treated very rudely by the phone tech at Scuba.com, the shipping from LP was very expensive and slow, but I've NEVER had a bad experience with ScubaToys. Best of all, they will match LP's prices, and I get my merchandise in 24 hours. The only negative is that since I live in Texas, I have to pay sales tax.

ok, fair enough...but let's leave religious beliefs out of this. Deal?

How long has passover been bloody celebrated? Not like it popped up in 2007!

PB125 I have known lot's of folks who deal with them and have had great service. Call them up and get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and return the item vis UPS or USPS insured. Yeh it sucks that you have to pay the shipping.You can elect to credit your credit card, exchange the item, or apply to your account. As for beating them up on the phone, it won't work. The phone sales are in NYC and the warehouse is in NJ.

I have actually purchased items from their store front and know of the operation. What many have said is that they are the vultures of the business and acquire other dive operators excess inventory.
My experiences have been very positive and they are always willing to give you a monetary break on items, you just need to take the time and haggle.

Sorry about your experience, at least they are working with you.

Ever hear of " you get what you pay for " or " if it's to good to be true, it usally is? "
Ever hear of grey market?

Pay a little more, buy from a dive shop and support your sport. You'll never have to put up with silly things like that. It's cool to look up prices on the net tell your shop you can get it from the net for X dollars what can they do because >>> you <<< what them to have your biz! Cut a deal by from the shop and be happy!

laughintom:
I have to jump in here to defend LP a little. Living in NYC, they ARE my LDS. They are also far more responsive and helpful than 80% of the stores here. Several reasons that I shop at LP include: great pricing, huge selection in stock, honest answers to my gear questions, great return policy and good servicing on equipment. Why would I go to LP to try on a mask that my LDS offers to order for me but states they will have in five or six weeks time. I can try it on and pay less by buying at LP. When I ask questions at LP I get an honest answer, even if the answer is "I don't know". When I ask an LDS, the item I'm interested in is garbage if they don't carry it, or is the best equipment in the world if they happen to have a lot in stock or it carries a higher markup. Finally, after taking a regulator servicing class at my LDS, it is the last place I would take my equipment. I have seen the shortcuts taken and usually at twice the price of LP's servicing. My LDS even charges for parts that are provided free from the manufacturer. There is no place in NYC like LP to go in and check out 4 or 5 different reels, or 20 different lights, or even the HydroOptix mask or Mares Liquidskin mask. They are not the greatest place in the world, but it is not nearly as one sided an argument as some would have people believe.

I second your words !!!!

Regards

PB125:
All I can say is that I completely avoid doing business with them again...

My policy is to use LP for items other than life support gear ... maybe a new mask, fins, bag, etc. A computer, reg-set or BC? Go to your LDS or a seriously reputable Internet site like Scuba Toys, who'll match LP's price anyway, in most cases.

dayum:11: u all are brutal to LP:11:

:rofl3:

I haven't read every post but I'll add my .01 - FWIW. The debate seems to center around individual experiences related to the business practices and customer service of each LDS rather than a generalized "LDS vs. INTERNET".

If I found an LDS that treated me fairly, I would definitely pay a margin more for the convenience of 'touch, feel, try, buy' versus LP or others.

Here are my experiences at the LDS:
1) Quoted a price for a BC over the phone in Nov., when I stop by in Dec. "Sorry, there's been a price increase for 2007". 2) SalesGuy tries to convince me that an XXL was the right fit since he had it in stock when everyone could clearly see that it was waaaay too big. 3) They marked up an Atomic regulator over the MSRP on Atomic's website and then "discounted" it by 10% for a Holiday sale...Very insulting to the informed consumer. 4) SalesGuy:"Scuabpro makes the best regulators"...Me: "Doesn't their Sales Rep. dress you in free gear?"

As others have posted, I've purchased Reg, Octo, Computers from Scubatoys.com for their advice and manuf. warranty. Other accessories from Scuba.com or LP based on model availability. You gotta luv LP's willingness to send you a wetsuit and cover all back/forth shipping for another size if it doesn't fit.

I envy those that have found a square-dealing LDS close to home. My gear $$$ have gone to NYC and TX.

Back
Top Bottom