What tank has the largest volume of air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan wrote...
104's did in fact retail at $324.00 for 2002.
$314.00 without the valve.
Did those M.A.P. figures you gave us include the valve?

Also, M.A.P. = MSRP, correct?

MSRP is a little different than MAP. MAP is the Minimum advertising price that the manufacturers give us.

The $324.00 included the valve.

So it's only a nominal price increase of $7.00. I'm surprised.

Thanks, Cincy.

You look into the Beuchat (sp?) 190s that came out a few years ago. I once saw a guy double two of them up. very scary, very scary/

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
You look into the Beuchat (sp?) 190s that came out a few years ago. I once saw a guy double two of them up. very scary, very scary/

Eric
Holy crap!:eek: I think those things were like 35 lbs negative full .... doubled, 70lbs negative ... holy crap!:eek:

I think he was a poster boy for OMS wings
Eric

Distraction once bubbled...
Simple question for you guys.

What one tank holds the largest volume of air? Does it stand to reason, then, that the tank would provide the longest downtime, all other factors being equal?

Basically I don't mind the weight/buoyancy swing issues. And I don't want to get into tech diving/doubles, etc.

I just want the biggest mamma tank out there so I can take down about 1000 cu feet and stay down in shallow water as long as the tables/computer allows. :)

Sounds like you are going to try to do one of those see how long I can stay underwater stunts. The biggest single cylinders out there now are the 120's. All of the mfg's claiming to have bigger tanks are just using different working pressures. For example, the 190 heiser is just a 120 jacked to 4400 psi. A faber 125 pumped to 3600 is actually 170.45 cu. ft. But, if you want a really big tank, you'll have to find one of the old Big Johnson's. And what difference does it make what the tables or computer allows? Stay down as long as you want and to the proper deco to get out. I can easily stay for three hours at 100' on a faber 125 at 3600.

The Pirate once bubbled...
A faber 125 pumped to 3600 is actually 170.45 cu. ft.
[...]
I can easily stay for three hours at 100' on a faber 125 at 3600.

What's your SAC rate? .1?
:knob:

Spectre once bubbled...

What's your SAC rate? .1?

Dive computer simulations are handy for the curious. An hour at 100' on a 170 ft3 tank only takes a SAC of .65 (if you're only going to leave a hundred pounds of air in the tank, and decompress of a backup bottle.) If you want to decompress off your back gas, you had better get you SAC down around .36

(Still figuring an hour at 100', and no air left in the tank... I was too lazy to do it for the full 3 hours at 100'. I didn't think anyone would actually care.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom