What tank has the largest volume of air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan wrote...
I've seen a Beuchat 190 and the sucker was HUGE..painted gray. I couldn't imagine anyone diving with that sucker.
Not to mention it didn't hold 190 ft3 until 4400 psi. I haven't seen many shops that can do that.

Cincy, did you find that LP104 MSRP?

If you're talking about the PST LP104, I believe MSRP is $299 without the valve (at least that's what I just paid). EE quoted me $329 per cylinder, with the valve. If you're asking about the E-series (a 100), Cincy posted the prices here.

One word: Hookah

AzAtty wrote...
If you're talking about the PST LP104, I believe MSRP is $299 without the valve (at least that's what I just paid). EE quoted me $329 per cylinder, with the valve.
If EE wants that much, MSRP's probably even higher. I paid around $245 each (no valve), plus shipping, and am wondering how much of a premium PST wants in comparison.

BTW, the $299 was at the LDS, they're the only PST dealer in the state, and it was a special order item, so I'm thinking that I probably didn't any special deal. But I'll be interested to hear from Cincy about the actual MSRP.

I still have not looked up it...SORRY.. But I'm pretty sure the retailed at $324 or $349.00.

...which gives you 160 cu fit when at their working pressure (232 bar - ca 3400 psi.) People dive twined or even quad tanks like this. There are a ***** to carry.

Duncan

metridium once bubbled...
Not to mention it didn't hold 190 ft3 until 4400 psi. I haven't seen many shops that can do that.

There is a shop on 1st Street in Santa Ana California called - Open Water Habitat Marine Schools headed by "old-salty professor" Mike Pratt. He sells both of the gray Beuchat's mentioned above and can fill to 5000 psi - including all gas mixes. I've heard of someone with a doubles manifold rigging two of the 190's together! I've tried to lift just that tank off the floor by the handle on the neck - I can't even describe the strain - it's the heaviest scuba anything I've ever lifted. The diver must require a crane to be lower into the water.

I'm in with Spectre - Mike Pratt also sells rebreathers and I've take a couple of his courses, there is no doubt the popularity, features, and safety of these units will continue to increase and there are so many benefits. If interested I recommend a book called Mastering Rebreathers:

Mastering Rebreathers from Sports online

Mastering Rebreathers from Amazon Books

Rebreathers are out of my price range, to put it mildly.

A hookah might be an interesting idea. Anyone know how much they run with about an 80' hose? (30 feet of water, but I don't want to have to be straight below the boat only)

104's did in fact retail at $324.00 for 2002.
$314.00 without the valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom