What Scares You The Most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getting caught in a cave, by my lonesome. My tank bottom stuck on top of the ceiling...I couldnt move backward and I couldnt turn around. Surrounded by an army of lobster! Oh, God, these things are going to dine on my dead corpse...their little antenae can just smell the impending doom!
I just thought of the newspaper title "Young man dies in diving accident in cozumel".
I couldnt turn around and my bottom of my tank was hitting the low ceiling.....
So, I had a moment of panic and then guess what I did...

The hung over alcoholics I see all the time on dive boats. The same type of person who will make nit picky comments alluding to diving safety while having a blood alcohol content of .098 (legally "drunk" in most states) in their systems. There are way too many of 'em.

Sy

I'm not to affraid of props.............just moving props.

Happy Diving

1)Propellers
2)JetSkies
3)Fisherman
4)Monofiliment - which needs to be outlawed as unsporting and an environmental hazard
5)Beer in combination with any sort of yahoo
6)PadI
7)crazy law enforcment h--l bent to keep the waters and lands safe for democracy at the expense of freedom

N

Props and lines - for sure, but my biggest fear is unexperienced & scared divers.

My greatest fear is that I will run out of beer or chocolate and won't be able to get some more.

The biggest danger, props and lines. Especially lines, they can surprise you anytime.

What has caused me the most anxiety is being first on the surface in a buddy separation incident. Even when I am highly comfortable with the other divers ability and even the conditions of the day just not knowing can be stressful.

Pete

What scares me the most is thinking the day my wife finds out what all my gear really cost; she's going to cast me away to a deserted island without my scuba gear.... :(

Hey, no self-respecting alch would admit to anything less than 1.0. I can hit that when I wake up in the morning.

Stan

Definitely props. The only time I've been truely scared underwater was when I was in six feet of water underweighted on my second drysuit dive and I heared what sounded like a prop and I couldn't locate the boat. It was very loud and it seemed like it was coming from every direction. I hung onto the bottom for dear life until I figured out that there definitely wasn't a boat around. I never did figure out what the noise actually was.

:D Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a trigger fish? Also, where are they found?
Thank you,
Aubrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom