What Scares You The Most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having a diver loose it and bolt from 100ft up to the surface. Why? :coffee: Because I would be going all out to the surface, while exhaling alot as to not blow up a lung, until I finally grabbed the panicked diver and arrested their uncontrolled ascent. It's happened a couple times to some quite experienced divers, and I end up going after them to save them from lung barotrauma. I stopped them each time...whether it's catching them only 20-30ft above me or we go all the way to the surface (remember from 100ft) and I stop them just under the surface. I've had to gut punch a person to make them breathe as they hauled me up to the surface. I really don't like having to go "catch" someone or shove a reg in their face,:no but its my job.:14: I will say this, after going so fast up in the water column, my skin feels like needles poking me all over. I hate that, and I know it can't be good.:shakehead: It might sound like a very dangerous manuever and it IS, but after two decades of helping people underwater (including my Mother) and no one has EVER sustained an injury (of any kind) from my "rescue" , then I must be doing something right!

My wife finding out how much I paid for all this stuff!

diving.jpg

Just make sure she stays off ebay huh ... How much do you really know about the price of designer shoes and facials.

My Mother-In-Law.

Tricky business.

1. Dad-in-law is bound to be worried for his daughter because he knows what he and his friends are like.
2. To get to him you must get in good with the mother-in-law. who is he to screw up his marital bliss.
3. The value of this of course is that even if dad is a priest and you're a leather-biker he is your girlfriends first and most primal love and since you'll be faced with those dynamics for the rest of your time together it is wise to leave some room for negotiation.

I shall say no more on the subject for fear my girlfriend reads this.

I'm not a leather biker.

The thought that I might end up getting stung in the face by a jellyfish and freaking out.

I got stung on the knee this summer off mallorca and had a 15 minute snorkle back to shore. So it was hurting like a ******* and it was kind of a remote location so I resigned myself to taking a leak on it land it actually worked quite well.

However I'm very pleased I didn't take a hit to my face ...

(My hand stand sucks)

I got stung on the knee this summer off mallorca and had a 15 minute snorkle back to shore. So it was hurting like a ******* and it was kind of a remote location so I resigned myself to taking a leak on it land it actually worked quite well.

(My hand stand sucks)

at least you have something to aim with! lol :rofl3:

(My hand stand sucks)

I got stung right inside my elbow while snorkeling in Gulf Shores this summer. It hurt like a...well, it hurt. It was about 3 months ago and you can still sort of see the little squigly lines where the tentacles caught me. I don't want to go through that again, lol. I'd never gotten stung before and I freaked out.

Back
Top Bottom