What Scares You The Most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by monica.kraj
My record so far is 126 feet. I would like to go deeper, but first I have to do a specialty course on Nitrox.

This does and many similar statements by others!!!!

1) Propellers, near miss in KW
2) giant lake catfish

Great! Now I've got that clown from "It" swimming around in my head. No sleep tonight.

Dave

What about clown triggerfish then.

That's gotta be like a "snakes on a plane" situation.

I have an irrational fear of being sucked helplessly into the deep, alone and abandoned, beyond appeal. That kind of pokes it's head out at times. It's not very likely to happen but the idea kind of eats me. I think it evolved because I did my initial training and diving in rapidly changing currents, even on the night dives and altthough now current doesn't really pose a problem some sense of loss of control lingers.

I've noticed that for the same reasons I tend to stay close to the bottom or reef in heavy current. It's is just common sense but I get a bit too annoyed for some reason when my fellow divers, whom I often feel or am responsible for, don't do the same thing.

However I think that this is one of those challenges that have a more, well, landbased type of solution.

Three things, not really SCUBA related.

1) being badly burned in a fire
2) having no one to love, nor anyone to love me
3) being poor

What scares you the most?

My wife finding out how much I paid for all this stuff!

diving.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom