what reg recomended

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Mares Proton Ice myself, but I have used the Mares Abyss and Apeks TX100 and all 3 work great. I think my Mares Proton Ice breathes a little easier than the other 2 at depths. I have had them all at 120' in 58 deg temps and they are all nice. Scuba Pro I heard is nice also, but you need to decide on which one is going to be the easiest to get serviced in your area.

I use the Mk25/S600

Best reg I have ever dived with, can't comment on the cold water diving as the coldest I have used it is 12 degrees centigrade. No problems at that temp at all.

Very comfortable, nice adjustments, all round great reg IMO

No problems with any of the regs mentioned so far.

My personal favorite, I have 2, is the Aqualung Legend LX.

Have had below 200' in low 40's(F) temp, still breaths like I'm on the surface.

Easy to maintain even on a boat, parts available anywhere.

drmobil2002:
I use Mares Proton Ice myself, but I have used the Mares Abyss and Apeks TX100 and all 3 work great. I think my Mares Proton Ice breathes a little easier than the other 2 at depths. I have had them all at 120' in 58 deg temps and they are all nice. Scuba Pro I heard is nice also, but you need to decide on which one is going to be the easiest to get serviced in your area.

I dive the Proton Metal. It's also rated for cold water but is a little cheaper than the Ice. Scubatoys has it for $299. It is a GREAT reg. I've been down 90 feet withit and it breathed the same as at 9'. All in all i have been extremely pleased with it. It would be my recommendation but like has been said I'm sure you'll get a different opinion from everyone.

scubanick:
which of these regs are ready for nitrox out of the box
and how much ....40% at least???

ALL regs are nitrox ready to 40%.

scubanick:
which of these regs are ready for nitrox out of the box
and how much ....40% at least???

ALL regs are nitrox ready to 40% although some do not advertise it. The Proton Metal advertises it.

the reason i asked i seen some said nitrox ready up to 40%
making me think that other regs just used 21%

scubanick:
the reason i asked i seen some said nitrox ready up to 40%
making me think that other regs just used 21%

You will find a bunch of posts on that... it's basically a scam... you can use anything up to 40% is normally the accepted answer in the industry.

Back
Top Bottom