what reg recomended

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really love my Atomic regulators.

I have the M-1 regulator but all Atomics breath great.

I also have the Scubapro mk25/s600 and it doesn't breath as well as the Atomics.

GoJu:
I like dive rite
I want a zeagle
Zeagle DSV with ZX second stage and octo is what I use in cold water and love it.

I personally reccomend scubapro, there are better more expensive regs for sure, but their quality is excellent and they have argueably the best service and parts support of any company out there.

The mk25 will breathe well, but youll want to detune it a bit if its going to get any colder than 40 degrees F, it actually flows a bit much for that design under very cold conditions. (Though we just had reported under 32 degree conditions on the bottom of one of the deeper lakes up here recently, dunno how the hell that happened this early in the year) The second stage is all up to you depending on whether you want to fiddle with all the little adjustments to make breathing easier or are one of those simple is better people.

I was looking at the mk16/550 set, seemed to be best balance of price vs. features and very good for the cold.

Edit: O and as far as whether plastic is a weakness, how often do you need to pound nails with your regulator?

Metal is nice and a little more heavy duty, but I think that it would be too much maintenance in salt water. It is not a pretty sight for the service technician.

rescuediver009:
Metal is nice and a little more heavy duty, but I think that it would be too much maintenance in salt water. It is not a pretty sight for the service technician.
Only a thorough rinse and the maintenance is done :wink: Not more or less than any other reg used in salt water.
My abyss looks like new after couple hundred dives in salt water :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom