What pony size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what the answer to someone getting trapped underwater is.

Get untrapped. The rest of the issues are secondary.

Bob
---------------------------------
"the future is uncertain and the end is always near"
Jim Morrison

Get untrapped. The rest of the issues are secondary.

Bob
---------------------------------
"the future is uncertain and the end is always near"
Jim Morrison

Well, yes. That.

So you feel that sidemount is impractical? LOL

If you only need one, then why the discussion on ponies? That's two tanks.. LMAO

Not sure about anyone else but I know I nearly pissed myself reading that. Well put Andy! Lmao

This is not accidental deco, it is unplanned deco, and a pony is not the answer. I don't know what the answer to someone getting trapped underwater is.

What's the difference between accidental and unplanned?

Unplanned cuz you knew you were entering deco by helping?

I don't know what the answer to someone getting trapped underwater is.

• Line cutter
  • Shears
  • Knife
  • Buddy
  • Watching where you're going
  • Not diving up to the bleeding edge of the no-deco limit, hoping "everything will be OK

The possibilities are endless . . . :D

When I know I'll go deep and maybe deco if I see something cool I like to carry extra weight so I can inflate my BC more.. this way I can just take breaths from my BC when I run out of air. I end up a little light headed, but after a few more beers its fine.

There was a thread talking about ponies where someone posted an example gas usage calculation. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Been trying to find it but can't.

What's the difference between accidental and unplanned?

Unplanned cuz you knew you were entering deco by helping?

With planned deco, the plan includes gas requirements for the dive and reasonable contingencies. Planning a dive within NDL and not planning any gas for a deco contingency and then going into deco makes it unplanned deco. Whether the scenario you describe is an accident or stupidity is up for debate. (If you try negotiating a 50 MPH curve at 100 MPH and you crash, was it an accident or was it reckless driving?) In any case, depending on SACs, you may be talking unplanned deco, you may be talking DCS, or you may be talking death(s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom