What one piece of equipment would you take under water besides the basic scuba rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarefaceDM:
the sexy chic in the KISS RB advertisement....

Yeeesh. Them fleshy rebreathers look like mortician's wax.

OP:
What one piece of equipment would you take under water besides the basic scuba rig?

By basic scuba rig I mean: Air, BC, regs,weight and suit.

I prefer the Los Angeles class submarine, I mean besides a basic SCUBA rig.

TSandM:
This is a fun question.

I won't dive without a buddy, so I guess that's my first answer.

Between the two of us, I think we need to have at least one depth and time measuring device, so that's the second item.

But third would be my can light. That's the number one thing outside of what I view as my basic minimum to dive at all. I love my light. It's my communications device, my emergency locator beacon, and my search modality for the sea life I go down to see.

The cannister floodlight is certainly a good choice.

If I had to choose between a can-light or a knife, however, I would definitely choose the knife.

There is no reason to make such a choice, since you can freely bring both. They are both important.

Well the basic set-up for me is: mask, fins, snorkel, BCD, tank, regs w/ occy, SPG, depth gauge, weight system, timing device, knife, compass, SMB & a whistle. That's what I'm required to dive with.

What else do I need ? Probably a wee back up torch in my BCD pocket and my pointing/smacking stick !!! :D

Computer with depth guage, timer, and NDL calculations done for me.
Also a knife and scissors, and a SMB.

A knife and my CAMERA. I put knife 1st 'cause I dive in kelp. Need I say more? Spent 1/2 a tank getting unentangled one time and used up 1/2 a tank. That left me with very little time to take pictures. Shot the #2 picture for that trip. YEAAA

So I need the knife and want the camera.

nereas:
If I had to choose between a can-light or a knife, however, I would definitely choose the knife.

'Cause with the knife, you can get a can-light. :eyebrow: ... or a camera.

Simple.

my medic shears. I don't go anywhere without my medic shears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom