What Most Irritates Female Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just thought of something that irritates me! I hate it when I arrive somewhere solo and need to be buddied up, and they buddy me with another female when there are plenty of guys there. It's like they think I'm frightened and l'll feel better if my buddy is a girl, or the girls like to stay together or something . . . .I know that's true for some women but not me! I want to *dive* with someone my own experience level! I even like diving with guys! It's so patronising.

I must admit I was on a charter this monday...it had a head, but one of the men on the boat couldn't be bothered to use it and even though I made a comment of disgust as he started pulling his "equiptment" out from beneath his dry suit, he kept right on going. I find that (especially on the small boat we where on...rather rude and unnecessary. I'm an ex-paramedic, so am not easily distressed, but I found this action unseemly.
As for offering to lift something, no, I won't turn it down. I don't expect it, but sometimes it's a (pardon the pun) a weight off my shoulders :)
Oh, and gents, please keep the "f" word down to a minimum of every 5th word :wink:

NorthernMelody:
I must admit I was on a charter this monday...it had a head, but one of the men on the boat couldn't be bothered to use it and even though I made a comment of disgust as he started pulling his "equiptment" out from beneath his dry suit, he kept right on going. I find that (especially on the small boat we where on...rather rude and unnecessary. I'm an ex-paramedic, so am not easily distressed, but I found this action unseemly.
As for offering to lift something, no, I won't turn it down. I don't expect it, but sometimes it's a (pardon the pun) a weight off my shoulders :)
Oh, and gents, please keep the "f" word down to a minimum of every 5th word :wink:

If the man has got to go...then the man has got to go. Was he doing the pee pee dance?

If a diver is sea sick he/she is going to yack it up over the side. Look, wet divers on a sloshing boat see and experience other wet divers on a sloshing boat. Yes, it does take a good bit of common courtesy to keep up consideration of others. It does...on the same token...I have heard women divers discuss all kinds of things (yes, including going to the bathroom)...and women divers drop the f-bomb just as much as men divers.

NorthernMelody:

yah, that seems a bit extreme. but in many parts of Asia people just stop in the street and pull it out, or they have urinals in public view. i guess it is what people are use to.

durian:
I wouldput this on the women's forum but I do not read that and I think it is good for us men to know what bothers you.

For example, on a boat dive is there anything you find inconvenient, insensitive, embarrassing etc.

Has the diving community evolved for the better?

I honestly would like to know. I want to be aware and sensitive to my sister divers.

What ever dude. Go drink a beer.

My biggest "female" problem with diving is peeing in my wetsuit. It's tough to relax enough to let it go. It seems to be simple for guys. Any suggestions from the girls?

i think it's a lot easier if you do it underwater

think of a waterfall???

sorry... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom