What magazines do you read / recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by ChuckT
Thanks for the input guys. I came across another diving magazine while doing a search yesterday called "Fathom" it looked interesting from the web site. Any opinions?

Chuck
Fathom is Fred Garth's (of Scuba Times) latest offering, with Bret Gilliam (TDI) as co-editor. It is a cut above anything else I've seen, but if you're hard core DIR you won't like it.
Highly recommended.
Rick

My obsession for all things scuba doesn't seem to be waning, so I thought I'd subscribe to a diving magazine in order to help me get my fix. (Reading about scuba being the poor man's substitute for actually diving...)

So: which scuba magazines do you read? Which are reliable, and which are just ads?

I really enjoy Dive Training . Not a lot of fluff. A couple of this month's articles: diving from a kayak, and flying after diving.

Diver Training is a good one, very dense in real content. I also like California Dive News (Saintbrendan.com) for its real-life regional truism. There are reviews of local boats, sites, & new gear. Immersed is a good one if you are curious about technical diving. A book you may enjoy is Scuba America by Al Tillman & Zale Parry (of Sea Hunt).

Alert Diver
Dive Training
Diver (UK)
Aqva (Italy)

Just dropped Rodale's and Undercurrent

The best mag out there today IMHO is Fathoms - not alot of "how to's" or 10 page buyers guide testing the latest technology in snorkels, but still full of great information. Check it out.

Used to subscribe to:

Rodales
Dive Training
Duiken

Currently only have 990 and Duiken left and not sure yet whether I will renew 990. Will keep Duiken due to the local content.

Dropped the others due to the information not suiting the diving that I do and the fact that they were North American centric.

None currently. Used to read:

Ocean Realm (just folded, according to rumor)

Dive Training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom