What magazines do you read / recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but the main ones are:

Alert Diver (DAN)
Undercurrent
Dive Training
Skin Diver
Rodale's

Rich :mean:

The only dive magazine I get regularly is Scottish Diver, its a small mag directed at SSAC members and is rarely available at points of sale. (Its free with the membership subscription.) I was pleased to meet the editor Jack Morrison this year. He once refered to some of us who contributed regularly to the SSAC forum as the vociferous 10%. I have a chuckle at the mention of that word ever since. :D

I like Dive Training -- seems low on fluff. Rodale's is nice and glossy, but maybe a little fluffy.

As for "non-magazines", I just got a copy of DIR Fundamentals. It made for great reading (though I'm not tempted to switch over as yet...)

which mag you read/subscribe and WHY ??

also

Which magazine is best for Beginner Diver ? :confused:

990 - is the best tech mag on the market.
Immersed - is a lagging second
Rondales - is good for the beginner, good gear reports
Maxium - for surface intervals

There are lots of mags that give semi-biased gear reviews (but a biased review is better than no review at all if you still need to buy gear!), but I like the ones with fewer ads & more info on general diving. Alert Diver (published by DAN) prints the results of studies that are pertinent to all of us whether we use the jazziest split fins or old rubber fins held together with tape.

I like Diver Training, too. Immersed is neat for its tech angle, but is not too helpful to the beginner.

Rodales because it is a free subscription.....over all not bad but they do have a lot of advertising

Back
Top Bottom