What magazines do you read / recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Dive Training" is a very good one, so is "Alert Diver" from Diver's Alert Network (you are a member of D.A.N. aren't you?)
www.DiversAlertNetwork.org

Ber :bunny:

Actually BerRabbit, I'm not a member of DAN yet. I plan on joining but will wait until after I take my OW in May. Thanks for the ideas on Magazines.

I like Dive Training, Skin Diver and the Dan magazines. All are pretty good. Dive Training is good even if you have been diving for years. There is always something good to refresh my knowledge.

Scott

I like Dive Training too - and DAN's magazines....check with your LDS where you are getting your Open Water. I got a 6 month free subscription after Open Water as a 'gift' :D from my LDS...happy reading

I would have to agree with the others. "Dive Training", "Skin Diver", "Alert Diver", and "Rodales"(sp) is another good one.

Originally posted by martinjc
I like Dive Training too - and DAN's magazines....check with your LDS where you are getting your Open Water. I got a 6 month free subscription after Open Water as a 'gift' :D from my LDS...happy reading

Rodale's has recently begun offereing the 6 months free when you complete your OW training too. See if your instructor has the appropriate subscription cards.

I often go to Rodales website for the Tip of the Day. It has been pretty helpful even for someone who has never been diving....I'm getting Dive Training ( I think, haven't recieved my first copy yet) from my LDS and would like to find another. I guess I'll check out Dan's (after I join) and see if those are sufficient. Thanks guys. I love this place.

I know my instructor gets forms from DAN that all of the students put their information on to receive DAN insurance to cover them while they are in their OW class. Might ask your LDS if they do the same. Scuba accidents can and do happen in pools, DCS included. At the end of the class she hands out the regular DAN membership applications so the students can send them in if they want to continue being DAN members after the student membership expires.
Happy diving!
Ber :bunny:

I read this thread and thought , "Hmm, so I went to their website and see that there is a free 6 month subscription available for students and my instructor has the forms. I took my training in Mexico and my instructor had no forms...so I called the magazine. I asked the very nice person on the phone if the offer worked for people with no forms who were already certified but fairly new. She asked a few questions and my 6 month free subscription is on its way. Coolio, Julio!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom