What magazines do you read / recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That brings up another good point... Are there any good organizations that a diver should support or become a member of? I know DAN is one, and I joined a local chapter of a group called the Hammerheads. Any other suggestions on that topic? I believe in supporting hobbies you do, whether its snowmobiling, skiing, diving, boating or whatever.

I like Dive Training the best, too. I am still within my free 6 month subscription that they offer students, but when it ends I will continue my subscription.

I receive Rodale's also - like Stone, I like the 2 year subscription for the price of one. :D

Just signed up for DAN insurance - but haven't yet received their magazine.

There's that little subscription card/insert that they have inside the magazine -

I believe there is an area to mark off for a regular paid subscription, and an area to indicate if you want the free 6 month subscription if you were a student.

Go to your LDS and get a copy of the magazine if you don't already have one - most LDS' give out an issue or two to their students/customers.

Dive training -- love it

Alert Diver -- free with DAN membership -- also a good resrouce

Skin Diver -- free with DAN membership, but relatively worthless
(and now with "diver hotties")

Immersed -- cool tech articles

Rodale's Scuba Diving -- heavy focus on travel, but useful gear and technique articles

I just went out and bought a copy of Dive Training after reading this thread - have only flipped through it so far and read one or two articles, but it's already made me decide to subscribe, and to not pick up Skin Diver from the newsagents any more (especially after the pointless "divesuit" feature they ran in the last issue). I also subscribe to Rodales. I've bought Immersed before as well, which I liked, but I thought it was a little light on content considering the price.

Check with you LDS, i get my copy of Diver Traning for free from them.

So far its the best magazine out there.

Skin diver- i use it to cover my den coffee table so when my non diving buddies come over they have stuff to look at

I got the December issue of Dive Training during my O/W class. My LDS gave them to all of us. It does have a coupon card inside which you can give to your LDS, and I guess they sign you up for free 6 issues. I also am a member of DAN but have not yet recieved thier magazine. Im also a member of PADI which sends you a monthly issue of Sport Diver Magazine (not Skin Diver). You can check that out at Padi.com or you can buy them at stores if your not a member of PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom