What Kind of Mask Defogger Do You Use??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) aquaseal sea drop - no gunk, 'feels' more hygenic
2) spit if i forget to bring my sea drop and no one has baby shampoo in sight

One other item I liked about the baby shampoo / water solution is that I can easily apply it if I am wearing gloves. Of course someone would probably say just smear the spit and other stuff around with a gloved finger.....apparently they would not be versed on glove finger ettiquette. (that would have come out better if i knew how to spell ettiquette)

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
Whatever I can borrow/find/steal on the boat and if all else fails then spit. :D
If there's goo available on the boat, I use it. Otherwise, Nature's Own Defogger (aka spit) has not yet failed for me.

Question: what is "glove finger etiquette"? I've smeared spit into my mask with my gloves on. Did I break a taboo?

Jimmie

I HATE all that commercially available goo. Spit has always worked and always will. btw, I smear it with my gloves on too, what's up with that?

M

My wife and I both use 500 psi and we've never had a problem with our masks fogging. I think a 2oz bottle is $5.95 and its lasted both of us for 30+ dives so far and its not empty yet :)

I just don't have the right balance in my spit as it never seems to work.

I've tried several types of toothpaste, I was once told potato juice - that didnt work and it really didnt smell to nice either!

Tried shampoos etc - and then I came up with the right solution.......Belushi (my partners) spit! I must be cause hes a master instructor....high quality and all that ! :wink:

for us, the DeFog that came with our SeaVision masks works best.

Spit doesn't work. Several on a recent 3 day boat trip used the 500 PSI thick goop - maybe I'm clueless, but its fog city for me. It was for some others, too - I ended up loaning the SeaVision to abotu half the people on the trip.

Dee and I have spoken about the SeaVision stuff before - and I keep going back to it. Its just never fails me. Put on bare finger, smear around, rinse before it dries.... perfect.

K

Maybe an agency should start a new course

Spit Technician specialty :D
Who has some requirements for this new course?
I think you would need one on every dive boat, maybe make it part of the DM's role.

Back
Top Bottom