What Kind of Mask Defogger Do You Use??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
What kind of mask defogger do you use??

I started off using a typical defogger bought at the local dive store for $8 to $10...then....on a visit to St. Thomas, the dive boat had a squeeze bottle hanging on the back of the boat filled with a mixture of fresh water and baby no-tears shampoo.

It was so much easier to use. Just squirt some in...swish it around and you are done. You dont even have to get it all out since it wont bug your eyes and therefore you can kind of "extend" its use. A minor plus....it smells so good>

So...WHAT'S IN YOUR MASK??? (a take off of Whats in your wallet for the regular tv watchers....of course if you have been diving long...there aint too much in your wallet!!!)

Whatever I can borrow/find/steal on the boat and if all else fails then spit. :D

Blues clues bubble gum flavored tooth paste

( it comes out of the tube in the sahpe of a paw print )

last a long time and smells better than my breath or spit for that matter...

Jeff L

...is 1) Aquaseal Sea Gold (or whatever it is...little bottle) 2) 500 Psi (not as good as the former and leaves nasty white residue if you don't get it all off) and 3) spit.

I don't buy the stuff, but have had it given to me by a number of people so now I have a few bottles of each. I have never had a problem using spit, so when people stop giving me defog I will go back to spit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom