What Kind of Gear Do You Keep Duplicates/Extras Of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've sold off about half of my gear and I still have enough to outfit 4 recreational or 2 tech divers. Complete with 2 stage bottles each. I did sell one of my drysuits so I only have one of those now.

I thought the point of SDI Solo was to teach you how to cover your own bases. I didn't think it literally meant Solo.
That’s the PADI self reliant you’re likely thinking of. SDI Solo is solo!

Good idea. It is not at all uncommon for divers to forget their hood or gloves. In the PNW, these are essential bits of gear. Having a spare for yourself OR your buddies is a good backup.
My size L hood wouldn’t fit the heads of any of my buddies, who take larger hoods. Extra for me! I also have spare dry gloves, and drysuit neck and wrist seals.

I have spares of literally everything with the exception of my rebreather, and I have spare parts for it.

I’m not missing a dive due to a gear problem.

I have enough equipment to outfit the NAVY of some small countries. I have duplicates of everything, different styles for different types of diving too

I only have enough gear assembled and in service to put 5 divers in the water.... But they would have their choice of single hose or double hose regs. On the "in progress" and "when I get to it" shelves is a whole lot more.
Learn to work on your own gear, and it just starts accumulating everywhere!

What kind of equipment do you keep extra of? Mask, fins, boots, exposure suits, etc.? With the shortages of rubber/neoprene for wetsuits and other shipping related issues, I was curious to see what would be considered the "most important" to double up on. My wetsuit is already showing some rough wear and tear after 20 dives and I've already grabbed Aquaseal...

To add to the above question, what kind of backup equipment would you bring with you to a dive site?
Hi! In Quebec Canada do you think it's the same shortage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom