What Kind of Gear Do You Keep Duplicates/Extras Of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubNeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What kind of equipment do you keep extra of? Mask, fins, boots, exposure suits, etc.? With the shortages of rubber/neoprene for wetsuits and other shipping related issues, I was curious to see what would be considered the "most important" to double up on. My wetsuit is already showing some rough wear and tear after 20 dives and I've already grabbed Aquaseal...

To add to the above question, what kind of backup equipment would you bring with you to a dive site?

What kind of equipment do you keep extra of? Mask, fins, boots, exposure suits, etc.? With the shortages of rubber/neoprene for wetsuits and other shipping related issues, I was curious to see what would be considered the "most important" to double up on. My wetsuit is already showing some rough wear and tear after 20 dives and I've already grabbed Aquaseal...

To add to the above question, what kind of backup equipment would you bring with you to a dive site?
This depends on location of dive local I bring extra of almost every thing but a BCD… Now when on a trip I bring one extra fin strap a extra mask and a few little extra things like o-rings!

I dive locally for the most part so a lot of this lives in my SUV.

Spare reg set
Various hoses
Always have spare fins in the car
Backup mask
Extra tanks
Extra weights
Batteries for both computers/transmitters
Spare hood

I have an extensive save a dive kit. I dive dry.

I dive locally for the most part so a lot of this lives in my SUV.

Spare reg set
Various hoses
Always have spare fins in the car
Backup mask
Extra tanks
Extra weights
Batteries for both computers/transmitters
Spare hood

I have an extensive save a dive kit. I dive dry.
So basically you've backed up everything :p

For solo diving I basically have redundant everything (extra mask in my BCD pocket, 2 cutting tools, 2 computers, pony tank & reg).

In general, over time I've picked up extra sets of fins (travel fins, and regular size fins that are stiffer than the fins I started with), and an extra reg set. I picked up my spare computer even before I started solo diving as a just-in-case backup.

Relevant to this post and your other post about equipment brands, I'll say that in my opinion if you happen to need to make a decision on whether to spend $$$ on expensive or backup gear or spend it going diving, I'd choose more diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom