• Skull mounted slide rule

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • RDP wedged somewhere on the body

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son is a dive instructor and between us there must be +/- 300 dives each year. So it saw pretty heavy use. That's why I got the Mares MC1 for myself.

:mean:

Thanks for the great info you gave me. I am planning to get a uwatec aladin air z nitrox. I would like to know if you have experienced any problems such as: Malfunction of transmitter loss of tank data. Also people say that if you dive with people who have same kind of transmitter (uwatec) and get close to them during the dive, you receive other diver's data. Have you ever experienced any of these problems? Can you tell me pros and cons of this model. Thanks alot.

nyscubanerd once bubbled...
As said above, I'm a junior member so don't listen to anything I say! =-) However, I've been diving for a couple of years now and just started getting into a routine where I'm diving more than a couple of times a month. A dive computer is a life saver. I have the UWATEC Aladin Z Nitrox.

Sometimes when you're going out with a group of people you may end up seeing something that could cause you to rethink your dive plan. This is exploration right? Dive plans don't always fit what you would really like to do. With my dive computer, I feel safe knowing that I'm still within my boundries if I do decide to go off and break a rule here and there.

I am not advertising to not plan your dive out appropriately beforehand. Just that if you change your mind a little bit, dive computers assist you.

Another benefit is that I actually am logging my dives now. It's easier to come home, upload the information and add a couple of comments about your dive. I also throw some pictures in there and now have a great history of my diving. Nice and easy.
:) :)

I have the Vyper Console and a Vyper wrist model and SK-7 compass.

I would recommend a wrist computer and wrist compass. I wear both on my left wrist/forearm. I like this arrangement so that when navigating I can monitor my depth/deco/compass while looking ahead (ya know, heads up!). This helps when I'm doing night dives and low vis lakes (no choice sometimes).

I have the Vyper console as a backup in case my wrist unit gets upset for some reason and quits working:bonk:

Wrist all the way IMHO....

Uwatec Pro Nitrox on my wrist of course! Never had a minutes trouble with it. Had some problems loading it to my laptop but now I know the solution for that.
Planning on buying an Uwatec Smart com on a cosole this summer but I'll still have my old one on my wrist.

Right now I'm using a Suunto Cobra, but I'm planning on trading it in for a Vyper that's going to pretty much live in Guage mode. The reason I'm getting a Vyper over just a bottom timer is because I like the logging functions and the PC download. I figured if I stayed with Suunto, I could keep the same dive log software.

I use the Uwatec Air Z with air integration...and a OMS nitrox wrist in my BC pocket as a backup.

i dive a datamax pro plus w/q.d. and compass. ascent rate indicator is a little easy to 'violate' , but i still like it a lot. very easy to read ,lots of features.easy to program. bought from lp. dirt cheap.

I use a Vytec and since my recent DIR-F course have set it in gauge mode; I’ve also put the AI transmitter away and now use an SPG. Someday I may re-connect the AI transmitter, though if I do it will only be for recording purposes. It’s simply too important to learn to read your gauges and take 5 minute snapshots in your head.

Nicodaemos, listen to Uncle Pug and keep it simple. The problem for new divers is computers rot our brains! (It’s a conspiracy I’m telling you).

As for the 120 mnemonic, we could tell you but then we’d have to kill you. Best suggestion I can give you, take a DIR-F course and see if you too are not converted!

~<//><

For deco dives I use PC generated tables based on air but we don't use air.

Let's see.....PC=personal computer.... hmmmm

I smell something rotten :wink:

tony

ps. Zig, this is old hat. I don't think the Beverly Hills gang has all the patents to safe diving and KISS.
As for the 120 mnemonic, we could tell you but then we’d have to kill you. Best suggestion I can give you, take a DIR-F course and see if you too are not converted!

I use an air integrated Sherwood Wisdom. Its very easy for beginners and easy to read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom