What item of equipment was a waste of money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inspector#2 once bubbled...
18 1/2' Milan boat that won't sell.

You could always donate it to a good cause . . . me!!! :D Just kidding.

Anytime I see mention of a boat I get "boat envy" - nevermind the fact that the ONLY thing I know about boats is that I could never afford to own one.

Any item I have purchased from Mares that was not 100% was replaced. They never bothered to repair. Had a wet suit that had a loose thread that ran about 2 inches. They replaced it rather than repaired it. Had a dive computer start to act up after 60 dives, again replaced on the spot at the dive shop, no questions asked.

Did you try and contact Mares???? Or was this purchased though an unauthorized reseller?

dkerr once bubbled...
What a piece of cr#$p! Got what I thought was a good deal on ebay and have regreted the purchase after only a couple dives on it. By the way, 12 dives and the cumberbund is already ripping out.

Zeagle had (don't know if they still do) had these hard short fins with velcro foot enclosure. Thought they would be perfect for travel until we were caught in a slight slight current.

Rick I got one of those non noise makers too,

pt40fathoms once bubbled...
Any item I have purchased from Mares that was not 100% was replaced. They never bothered to repair. Had a wet suit that had a loose thread that ran about 2 inches. They replaced it rather than repaired it. Had a dive computer start to act up after 60 dives, again replaced on the spot at the dive shop, no questions asked.

Did you try and contact Mares???? Or was this purchased though an unauthorized reseller?

As I said, the BC was prurchased off ebay=no warranty. Even if they did replace/fix it, the BC is still sub-standard. The more people I talk to, the more I realize what a problem Mares has with their eqipment. That is why they have such great customer service. They probably replace everything instead or repairing because they know that they will be losing customers who are in constant need of repairs.

gedunk once bubbled...
Is there hope for those of us who have dive computer rotted brains? Will a rotted brain ever heal? Can it be as simple as "set it & forget it" in gauge mode?

Oh and one other question, how many dives did you do with a computer before you were shown the light?
That you realize the rotteness of your brain indicates that there is still hope... so:

No... it is not the same as healing... actually better... regeneration & illumination.

No... it is not about setting and fogetting... it is about awareness.

Many many many moons diving without either computor or awareness.... many many moons with computer and without awareness.

That was the name of those crappy fins I had...I'm glad I wasn't the only idiot to buy a pair. They were awful.

These days I have Wenoka Reeflex fins, which I like, but I pulled my ol' Jet Fins out of the closet and made some dives with them last month.

They are great, so while I dont' regret the Reeflex fins, I'm going back to my ol' jets.....soon as I get some new straps for them.

Rockhound once bubbled...
They are great, so while I dont' regret the Reeflex fins, I'm going back to my ol' jets.....soon as I get some new straps for them.
Make sure you do it right, Ricky... spring straps... no rubber allowed.
Rick :)

raviepoo once bubbled...
I knew if I kept reading long enough I would find the compulsory, equipment opinion thread, WreckWriter, "Bad Force Fins" post. Thanks for not letting me down!

:)

I'll never let you down :)

Tom

I thought you might appreciate my "set it & forget it" infomercial analogy ..... hmm, i guess not.:jester:

As for the brain rot caused by my dogged use of dive computers, i find my brain gets plenty of regeneration & illumination from the employees who work for me.

A great group of individuals on a constant quest to regenerate & illuminate my mind if you know what i mean!

gedunk once bubbled...
A great group of individuals on a constant quest to regenerate & illuminate my mind if you know what i mean!
It must be a daunting task if it takes the efforts of a whole team...
:wink:
Yeah... I missed the *set it and forget it* infomerical analogy...
I don't spend much time (0) watching infomercials...
So... do you have a favorite one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom