What item of equipment was a waste of money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:sunny:
I haven't bought anything yet that I thought was a waste of money. I use every single thing that I have bought and am very happy with it all!!:approve: Thank goodness!! Cause I spent a crapload of money on all my stuff!!!:)
Amber

Rockhound once bubbled...
That was the name of those crappy fins I had...I'm glad I wasn't the only idiot to buy a pair. They were awful.

They were on sale and they looked good. :rolleyes: I know a shop owner who had a pair too, he said they were only good for generating cramps. While I'm not a Force Fin fan, they aren't in the same league as these turkeys.

Ralph

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

It must be a daunting task if it takes the efforts of a whole team...
:wink:
Yeah... I missed the *set it and forget it* infomerical analogy...
I don't spend much time (0) watching infomercials...
So... do you have a favorite one?

Our employees can be a very innovative group. Unfortunately that innovation is not always pointed in a productive direction. Keeps me on my toes!

The only thing that gets me to watching infomercials is how stupid they can be. They are funny really, until someone in your clan gets sucked into buying a bass-o-matic or something you don't need, can't use, doesn't really work as advertised.

The little English guy is funny to watch but to be honest i have no idea what he is selling.

Truth is, my brain is probably too rotted to remember! :tease:

gr8lakesdiver once bubbled...
Zeagle had (con't know if they stll do) had these hard short fins with velcro foor enclosure. Thought they would be perfect for travel until we were caught in a slight slight current.

Unforunately they do still sell those Zeagle fins. My boyfriend had a pair- Teleoz- I think they're called. Seemed like a good idea to try them because his feet are very long and narrow and most fins don't fit very well. Well- the velcro was useless in any current and the buckle on one fin broke after just 5 dives worth of use. Definitely the worst item either of us have purchased so far.

Inspector#2 once bubbled...
2 steel 72 tanks that I never use.
Dave

PM me if you want to sell them reasonable like, I've got a yougster would would make good use of them.

Bill

I have one of those tank banger things....I use it whenever I dive with a known buddy (as opposed to a boat buddy).....they know the sound I guess, but it gets their attention.

I also use two retractors...and I'm really happy with them. I use one for my cobra and one for my redundant SPG/Compass and the retractors keep them both tucked away till I need them....but don't know what a butterfly or bolt clip is.

Peace,
Cathie

Yup,

gotta put the snorkle on the waste of money list.
only reason its even in my gear bag is the fact that some charters have it listed as required equipment. In those cases, its in my bag, and i bring it on the boat, but when its time to dive, opps, i "forgot" to put it on before entering the water.

jury is still out on the dive knife. i only spent $30 on it, so i don't mind. wasn't about to buy anything big. its a piece of gear i'd rather have and not need, than need and not have.

Mine has got to be a slate I bought...it seemed so cool in the store, it was magnetic on one side so you could easily erase and write more, and the other side was a standard slate with a pencil.

It was just to darn big....did really fit in my BC pocket, if I did manage to squeeze it in, it was difficult to get out again at depth. I found it easier to just teach my regular buddies some sign language. At the end of each dive, I show them the signs for whatever I was trying to say to them....we've built quite a vocab and it's free :)

CuriousMe once bubbled...
Mine has got to be a slate I bought... it was magnetic on one side so you could easily erase and write more, and the other side was a standard slate with a pencil.

yup, got one of those too, haven't used it yet.

another thing in the got but don't use catagory is my wetsuit. It was a present, so not like i forked over the money and then fail to use it. but so far it just sits in my gear bag.

I built my own scooter.
Trolling motors, welded Aluminum cannister. 2x 12 volt batteries etc.

Biggest paper weight I ever constructed.
Weighs about 100 lbs. good for only one diver, no fun alone.
Needs bigger motors to tow two divers.

What a WOFT.

I live near Peterborough, Ontario
$100 Canadian and it's yours, come and get it.

Mike D
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom