What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toothpaste. Stuff without baking soda or any kind of "crystals" in it to scratch your lens. I use AIM..Never had fog with a little toothpaste rubbed around.

ChillyWaters:
Hopefully you don't believe in karma. Oh yeah, and remind me not to buy anything from you.

- ChillyWaters

So maybe I didn't express myself with clarity on the first post, but you're more than happy to jump and bash me, huh, ok, I won't count on selling you anything, since I don't have to do it to pay my bills.

I do believe in Karma, do you?

Enough of this, have a nice life........................

Sea drops gold seems to work ggod for me.

agilis:
... even if they spit huge clots of rancid lungers into the mask repeatedly, until it overflows vile slime.

EW!

MikeSSS:
I would like to be able to use plastic reading glasses inside the mask and have them remain clear. So far they fog like crazy. Any ideas here?

Seriously now that I've gotten over my ew...kind of. Have you checked out these lenses from H2O, they fit into the Alpha 2 and 4, both decent and comfortable masks:
View attachment 34181

They have been quite popular at our shop among the ummmm....er...."old divers" :D

Hope this helps.

~Sam~

Another possibility that everyone's overlooked is the use of braille. Dive equipment companies should be able to make braille gauges easily; there's less to see every year anyway, what with sediment stirred up by obese divers and their humongo fins, and the imminent death of the reefs.

Instead of those H20 bifocals, just carry a big magnifying glass, the kind that Sherlock Holmes popularized. You can secure it to one of the big metal D rings on your BC.

Actually, I have 20/20 vision, starting about 6 inches from my nose and extending to infinity, even though I'm well over 100 years old.

OK, I'm lying.

Commercial stuff hasn't worked for me (maybe I'm not using it right), but a little saliva does wonders :wink:

You might not beleive it but i discovered the ultimate anti-fogger. I've tried spit and drops and shampoo and windex and everything else. But beleive it or not THOOTHPASTE is the bnest. Just spread some over the lens and let it rest 4 about a minute or so and then wash well. This will work amazingly and its a lot cheaper than drops. Just remember to repeat the whole thing b4 every dive. I asure you that you will not have any more problems :wink:

Back
Top Bottom