What is the difference between SP G250V and S600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both the 250HP and the 250V (and have used or owned the 600..650 and pretty much all the other versions).

I appreciate DA taking the time to go over the details, and I can tell you for a fact that the 250V is easier breathing than the HP is at depths great than 100 ft.. even when adjusted to the same levels on the surface. I have one setup with the HP as my octo, so switching back and forth was easy.

That issue of being easier to clean would seem to be true for plastic parts...at least in extreme cases...I hope I never let my gear get that bad.

Only issue I can find, is that on the surface or near the suface, I get a slight harmonic vibration on the 250V on inhale...I suspect it is metal to metal vibration... but do not know the cause.

I like the reg a lot, and it is my current favorite..

I just got a R156 on e-bay and after replace the rings and poppet it is the best breathing reg I've ever used. It is like there is no effort at all when you breath and it doesn't force the air like some other regs. I think it's all of the adjustments together adjusted just right. Lever high and hard seat adjustments together that make it so sweet. I'll need to try this on some of the R190ba and the G250's I have.

There is a smoothness to the old metal case 2nds that the G250s that I've tried (original G250 and recently a G250HP) lack. I believe this is due to the absence of an aggressive venturi effect in the metal case, and possibly a slightly more stable mechanism as the entire reg has more mass. That's a guess. There is also more moisture in the air which I'm fairly certain adds to our perception of the reg breathing smoothly and naturally.

I rebuilt a G250HP this summer (configuration A in the manual) and honestly I don't get the advantage of the "adjustable adjuster." They call it a balance chamber, but since there's obviously no airflow in it, exactly how does it function as a balance chamber? It appears that you can preset the "range" of the external adjuster. Big deal, or maybe I'm missing something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom