What is the difference between SP G250V and S600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20lover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have tried to compare the differences in performance between the two but came up short. I know the G250V has a metal shroud as opposed to the S600. The G250V is a bit heavier which may cause jaw fatigue but other than that, I'm still confused. :confused2 Help?
Thanks!

The G250V is a better cold water regulator than the S600 because of the metal air barrel (transfers heat easier) in the G250V while the S600 has a plastic air barrel. The G250V may be heavier on the surface but it weighs nothing underwater so jaw fatigue isn't a problem. Either way they both are great breathers.

Cman pretty much summed it up.
I have not even seen a G250V but I have had 2 S600's, 3 G250s and several 109's.
After using then all I sold the S600's 1 G250 put the other 2 aside and now use 109's exclusively.
Apart from the bling bling of shiny chrome that breath much better (IMHO) than the S600s as do the G250's.

DA AQUAMASTER is the guy to ask on this, he is very knowledgeable and help me quite a bit.I had the same questions you did and after much research and a long talk with a SP tech at SP, based on my diving i bought the S600 i don't dive very cold water and i do travel so that was the clincher . All that said i love my S600 with the MK25 if you were going to do colder water i would do the MK17 G250V just my 2 cents

Thanks guys! This helps. I'm thinking of adding the G250V although I don't do much cold water diving. It does seem to have a larger diaphragm and sturdier Venturi adjustment knob as well as feeling a bit more substantial than the S600. You guys are the best! :thumb:

DA aquamaster helped me also about a year ago to choose my reg.
In fact all scubaboard helped me.
I finished up using "OLD regs" as said my shop but I love them MK10 109BA G250.
I started with the G250 as primary and 109 as backup but after few training dive doing emergency procedures, i ended up mounting my 109 as primary and my G250 as backup.
If i can find a good deal on another 109BA i will retire the G250...
Good luck with your choice and your purchase

Stef

I dismounted g250 v 1 week ago, inside it is made of meal, it could resist cold water better than s600 because of its material, but it is much more simple than i thought, g250 hp can be better adjusted, and this is older than v version. Sincerely, i am dissapointed about it.

Here you are the dismount photograph in this link:

FORO DE BUCEO DEPORTIVO :: Ver tema - interioriades g250v

PD: I haven't stil found the manual and schematics for this model, could anyone help me?, thanks.

dear melnerah...

The reason the G250V was designed is a lot of us from the Upper Midwest and Cold water country screamed at Scubapro for redesigning the old G250 to the G250HP. The HP is more complicated to fix and never really improved on the performance, it actually made it worst in my opinion. The adjustments on the spring tension side were not needed. SP had their eyes opened when Apex took a lot of their customers with the XT and XTX 2nd stages with a copy of the G250 (Old) 2nd stage.

I personally own 4 G250V's and 4 G250's (old ones) and 4 G250HP's. The HP's were the first generation HP's that still have the metal barrel on the 2nd stage.

The G250V's breathe better than the HP's. Even SP claims their redesign had to outperform the G250HP on a flow bench test.

Jim

So let me understand that the G250V is a better performing regulator all around and many of you agree that it performs better than the S600 in addition to being cheaper? Wow! I'm liking it better and better.:yelclap:

Hi eelpout, i have both s600 and g250 v, lso i have 295, 395, s555, s550, g250 hp, 380, ....,and i have tested all of them. i agree with you that it is better for cold water, but don't tell me that the spring adjustment inside isn't needed; i'll explain you all why. In 3 or 4 years i'll prefer to adjust the spring tension inside rather than changig spring because of using, moreover all adjustent mechanism that can be added to any second sttage is wellcome, because it helps every mechanic to adjust the breathing effort at minimum.

jaja, yeahhh, it is now ok for cold water, but also s600 can be used in cold water, s600 breathes much much much better than 250 v, costs only 40 euros more, it's much more improved inside than g 250 v, and s600 will not have to be cleaned of oxide each year because of using with acid, because it is plastic.

i think, they could have made a better regulator, despite of this i have one g250 v, and i think that they design he best "regulators" in the world, but not this time.

Moreover, I could say that scubapro g250 v is identical to this apeks n the link of bellow:

http://www.forobuceo.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26540&highlight=

Best regards

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom