What is the current Jupiter water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 more days, been counting this down for awhile now.

Mako, you think you would have been good if you had a hooded vest under your 3mm?

DiverDown, ya I dove 2 weekends ago in similar temps and used a 7mm hood (the kind that comes down into your suit but isn't a full vest) and I was fine. I'm probably a little more cold tolerant than the average Floridian but not much. I was watching the clock like it was Friday afternoon in the office on my last dive because I was pretty cold and just wanted to come up. Most divers had 5mm or more and lots had hooded vests so I don't think you can go "too heavy" this time of year.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Kyalami has a HOT water hose on board that is pure gold after a dive like that. Fill up your suit and it was soooooo good. I also dive with Jupiter Dive Center frequently and both operations are really great. Weather is looking great for the rest of this week, it should be really good for you.

You're really getting some dives in scubadada....nice! Do you dive with Underwater Explorers frequently? We've only dived in the WPB area once and never in the Boynton Beach area (maybe it's the same reef system???). Thanks for the report...can't wait to dive tomorrow!

I dive with Underwater Explorers frequently, I like going out with fewer divers, max 6. The Boynton Beach reef is gorgeous and the Castor has a year round resident Goliath Grouper population and is fantastic for aggregation.

Enjoy your dive in Jupiter tomorrow, conditions should be great

We went out with JDC this past Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Temp was around 73. Vis was around 30 feet with lots of gook floating in the water. But we saw turtles on all the dives, a few sharks, one goliath grouper, green morays and all the typical reef fish. It was good diving.

I've only done 9 dives now at Jupiter but I think it's an under appreciated dive destination, which is fine by me and I assume the locals. The diversity of large marine life there can't be seen in most Caribbean islands.

Last edited:
2 more great dives with Underwater Explorers today in Boynton Beach, the seas have really quieted down, what a pleasure. Water temp still chilly 72-3 degrees, vis variable, 50-60 feet on the outside reef, 30-40 feet inside.

We went diving this morning with JDC. Very calm seas....finally! Sea temp was 72-75 and I wore gloves and my 5mm wetsuit with a 3 mm hooded vest under it. I got a little cold on the second dive. The viz was around 60 ft on the first dive and about 50 ft. on the second. We saw a bunch of reef sharks on the first dive, tons of tropical fish, and one big old loggerhead turtle. One of the guys was hunting Hogsnappers and he got one. He ascended at the same time as we did and we were in constant company of three sharks all during our safety stop and until we got to the boat. Exciting. On the second dive we only saw one loggerhead and one moray eel, but again, lots of tropical fish. Very good dives today!

After 2 dives with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach yesterday, heading back up to Jupiter this morning for one more try for Lemon Sharks. Yesterday's temp and vis was unchanged, 73 degrees, 30-50 feet

I hope you had great dives today. The seas looked pretty calm as I crossed the drawbridge on US 1 this morning. I pretty sure the temps haven't changed in a couple of days but the viz was pretty good for us on Tuesday. Did you see any Lemons?

I hope you had great dives today. The seas looked pretty calm as I crossed the drawbridge on US 1 this morning. I pretty sure the temps haven't changed in a couple of days but the viz was pretty good for us on Tuesday. Did you see any Lemons?

Two dives with JDC this morning, weather and seas were great. Water temp 74, vis not very good, often about 30 feet. Saw about half a dozen Reef Sharks, several Nurse Sharks, a few turtles and several Goliath Grouper. Unfortunately, no Lemons. A good day of diving. Back to BB for tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday

Shoot. I came here thinking it was an astronomy post about the planet Jupiter or one of its moons. :dork2:
(sorry to go off topic).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom