What is the current Jupiter water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance the winds will die down by the weekend?

Saturday starts to look a little better with 3-3.5 foot seas (i'd expect 4). Sunday gets better again and next monday looks to be a half foot to a foot. Yup....dive Monday for sure!

Saturday starts to look a little better with 3-3.5 foot seas (i'd expect 4). Sunday gets better again and next monday looks to be a half foot to a foot. Yup....dive Monday for sure!

Do you know at what size seas Jupiter Dive Center starts to cancel?

Give them a call at 561 745 7807 and they'll be able to let you know.

Do you know at what size seas Jupiter Dive Center starts to cancel?

There isn't an exact number range, most boats (not just JDC) look at:

Wave height > 4-6 is pushing it
Wave duration > 12 seconds is great, 4-5 seconds is pushing it
Inlet swell > If the inlet is throwing surf higher than 5ft, that's pushing it
Viz > Depending on how big the bottom swell is, viz could be blacked out or could be great
Passengers > It also depends on the tolerance of the passengers. Some of us will go out in 7 footers if they boat goes. But the boat really doesn't want a vomit comet. They truly want their divers to have a fun day.

With the above said, I agree with Islanddream. Give them a call and they can look at all the above parameters and give you an idea which way they are leaning based on forecasts. If you want to look at most of the above parameters, check out this Windfinder link below and keep watching it. If that Sunday front picks up speed and comes in a day earlier, you could be good to go.

{click the little gear symbol at the top to change the readings from metric to US}
Windfinder.com - Wind and weather forecast Lake Worth Pier

P.S. I'm like you, I want to go diving also this weekend !!

I just got a call from JDC for Friday. They cancelled the 3 tanker, but are running a 2. I'll be on it. Friday is predicted to be 2-4.

I'm coming from California to Jupiter next weekend (3/12 & 3/13) for two days of diving. What is the current water temp?

The sea should be calm(ish) by then, but the temp BRRRRRR....

LOLOLOL, that's a 3mm maybe 5mm. Y'all are spoiled :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom