What is the current Jupiter water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm coming from California to Jupiter next weekend (3/12 & 3/13) for two days of diving. What is the current water temp?

My computers read 72 degrees from the surface down to 120' on Thursday.

I've got a trip planned down there in 2 weeks, I've been debating on my 3mm or 5mm. If the water temp was 75 it wouldn't be a question.
I've seen where some FL divers are using 7mm or dry suits. Must be nice when 72 is considered that cold :)

We went diving on Thursday and the lowest reading I got was 71 degrees at about 60 feet. In some areas the temp was 73 degrees at depth. On the surface it was 75 degrees.

I just bought a 5mm wetsuit and a 3 mm hooded vest. It kept me toasty warm on both dives (although the 71 degree water got my attention!). I was also wearing gloves. I was VERY unsure of diving because I get cold easily. Here's a shout-out to Lisa at Jupiter Dive Center.....she's the one who recommended the 5mm/3mm combination....thank you, Lisa!!!! I'm ready to hit the water again since I know I'll be warm.

As an aside: I also brought my fleece-lined boat coat. I'm so glad I did because wearing that after the second dive on our way back to the dock kept me wonderfully warm. It had clouded up a bit and the wind had come up a little so it was easy to get chilled.

Now....if the weather would just cooperate. It looks like this week is NOT going to be good weather for diving. High winds....big seas.

I'm coming from California to Jupiter next weekend (3/12 & 3/13) for two days of diving.

Just gotta get that wind coming from off the land....then we'll both be diving that weekend !!

I'm currently booked on charters out of Jupiter on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. This is my first time in Jupiter. Should I be prepared for the boats not to go out with the current wind forecast?

I would NOT plan on diving.

TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS TO 9 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

...Wednesday and Thursday of this week.
Dumpster diver said it best.

Seriously there won't be any more than 3 foot viz at the BHB with these swells. I'd road trip it 3+ hour north to Ginnie Springs and then sleep at Devil's den overnite and dive there in the am. The later weekend is when we are hoping for a wind shift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom