What is diving southeastern Florida like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To make things easier, I consolidated the boats, locations, and sites mentioned above.

Sea Experience / Fort Lauderdale / American Dream / Tenneco Towers / Capt. Dan / Jim Atria

Narcosis / West Palm Beach / Corridor / Mizpah / PC / China Barge / Area 51 / Juno Ledge / Capt. Kurl / Pauls / Horseshoe

Boynton Beach / Castor

Capt Slate's / Key Largo / Atlantis Dive Center / Mike's Wreck

RJ Diving Ventures / Miami / Cascades / Orion

Silent World / Key Largo / Carysfort Reef / Banana Reef

MV Spree / Dry Tortugas

Key Largo / Spiegel Grove / Duane

To make things easier, I consolidated the boats, locations, and sites mentioned above.

Sea Experience / Fort Lauderdale / American Dream / Tenneco Towers / Capt. Dan / Jim Atria

Narcosis / West Palm Beach / Corridor / Mizpah / PC / China Barge / Area 51 / Juno Ledge / Capt. Kurl / Pauls / Horseshoe

Underwater Explorers / Boynton Beach / Castor

Capt Slate's / Key Largo / Atlantis Dive Center / Mike's Wreck

RJ Diving Ventures / Miami / Cascades / Orion

Silent World / Key Largo / Carysfort Reef / Banana Reef

MV Spree / Dry Tortugas

Key Largo / Spiegel Grove / Duane
Added Underwater Explorers for you. :wink:

Hey, guys you've helped me alot...I'm thinking of coming to the Boca area...I've been diving the Red Sea from Eilat to sharm-el-shek..which is awesome...I was hoping there was some good diving in Florida !! :)
Hey, ah, I don't want to sound like a spoilsport, but if I was diving the Red Sea on a regular basis and had a chance to Boca Raton, I'd kinda miss that particular flight.
Diving in Boca is ok, but it sure isn't Sharm.

i think sea xp does those wrecks but prodiveusa definitely does those. I've been on pro dive once, i didn't go to those wrecks but i went to the tracy and it was a great wreck except we only had about 10 mins of bottom time because of the current.

FYI, Pro Dive is out of business and Sea Experience has taken over their training operations. Neal Watson bought the boat and moved it to Bimini.

If you go to Slates make sure you do the Creature Feature. Check it out on his site. It is even better then that. Debby with a "Y" recommend it to me and was right on the money when she said it was one of the best dives she ever did. You will get to see nurse sharks, cuda, and goliath groupers being feed by hand. You will get to pet/hold the nurse sharks and see them feeding inches from you face. It is safe and awesome. Simply listen to the instructions and enjoy. Slate is very cool and sometime larger than life.

I have only dove, Pompano Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and the keys. My opinion is that the reefs in Key Largo are the richest most fishy reefs out of the bunch. I did like Tennaco Towers, and the Tracy wreck in FT. Lauderdale and Pompano. This area has many smaller type wrecks that you could dive for weeks at a time. SG and Duane as well as the Vandenberg are fantastic dives. You can see much of the ships in your stated comfort zone. Could any body, such as Debby or others comment more on the Spree. Thanks.

MSP, next trip dive Boynton, and Jupiter - great locations; especially Jupiter for big marine life - Boynton has (IMO) the best reefs in FL - overall.....I'd give the best site award to Jupiter.

On a recent trip to the Keys, I witnessed this:

34837_1693748096977_1036036444_1867187_645807_n.jpg

A kayaker is silhouetted against a fiery Sunset on Key Largo's Florida Bay.​

MSPDiver, the M.V. Spree is AWESOME it's a liveaboard. Check their website for destinations. I loved diving off the Spree!

Debby, I have checked out there site several times. What were the reefs like, was the food good. Would you consider this over a week long Keys land trip. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom