What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divmstr223:
There's no reason to debate the accuracy of the story, it's true...I actually watched a program on either the Discovery Channel or National Geographic Channel that covered the story about a guy this happened too. Had pictures of the fish after it was removed and him in the hospital etc......

Interesting and very painful to think about...ugh!! :14:

LOL, the Discovery Channel and National Geographic do not make anything true.

Can the catfish lodge inside your body, yes it can. As I said, American mudcat can as well. That said, there is no proof the fish swims up the penis.

Every single medical reference dates from the 1940s or earlier and almost every single one is second or third hand related. What is more likely, that the fish suddenly changed its habits in the last 60 years, or that the original information was not properly vetted?

cinder4320:
Its so strange that it actually takes concentration! I guess potty training is pretty hard wired in us. I hate when I get back on the boat after a dive and realize I've been holding it the whole time and forgot to go! Of course this always happens when I'm on a dive boat with no head.

Miranda
If you forget it on the safety stop, there's always the drift line. :thumb:

I really cannot do it while swimming, tho. Have to stop somewhere, laying on the sand or something...? :silly:

Xanthro:
LOL, the Discovery Channel and National Geographic do not make anything true.

Can the catfish lodge inside your body, yes it can. As I said, American mudcat can as well. That said, there is no proof the fish swims up the penis.

Every single medical reference dates from the 1940s or earlier and almost every single one is second or third hand related. What is more likely, that the fish suddenly changed its habits in the last 60 years, or that the original information was not properly vetted?

My badd...I didn't realize I was dealing with an expert on the subject. :06:

How do you get 84 posts out of one simple question?

Wait...dammit I meant to think that NOT post it.

Errrrrrrrrrr

Sasquatch:

Errrrrrrrrrr
A lot of divers in the middle of winter with too much time on our hands. :wink:

Sasquatch:

Errrrrrrrrrr

Do you wear your mask on your forehead? :D :wink:

I like your answer Sas, we encourage that sort of talk over there....

DandyDon:
Missed this one earlier. It's common for men to pee off the back of a moving dive boat. Haven't see a woman do it yet, tho. :D

One of the women who sails on my boat does. BTW: I've heard that most people found dead in the ocean are found dead in the ocean with their flies open.

ItsBruce:
One of the women who sails on my boat does. BTW: I've heard that most people found dead in the ocean are found dead in the ocean with their flies open.
Cool. :thumb: Get pics.

I've heard that. Don't know if it's true or not, but I am sure it is danderous - hence my snorkel vest.

Was having a smooth shave this morning from a new razor, but then - decided it'd shave closer if I took the shipping guard off. :silly:

Oh well, wear you seat belts on the way to the boat and beat the most dangerous part of the trip. :D

Gidds:
Urine from a properly hydrated healthy adult human is sterile and should have little to no odor and will not create stank if you properly maintain your gear.

It's only sterile in the bladder - once it's on its way out that's no longer the case, it's also acidic and certainly does a number on a suit over time.

Back
Top Bottom