What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver:
It's only sterile in the bladder - once it's on its way out that's no longer the case, it's also acidic and certainly does a number on a suit over time.
Thanks. I keep hearing the it's sterile, but then - they use urine samples to check for bacteria counts. Even with a healthy bladder, it's not sterile, eh?

Try to not have a bladder infection, prostate problem, and constipation on the same day. Gawd that was tough. :wink:

Let 'er rip.

Only consider this:

If you're on some distant tropical island, without much in the way of hot water and shampoo, and you're doing 3+ dives a day without changing your swim suit, and you only brought two sets of them, and the sea water is really salty, and you're having island chili for supper every night, and you're a bit dehydrated what with all the peeing in the suit and sweating in the sun and having two postdive beers and a cup of coffee ... You could develop quite a nasty case of nappy rash in the ... uhm ... deflation department.

I'm not saying this happened to anyone I know.

Just that they had two, not one but two, round basins on that island and one was strictly for regs - and not just because of the grit - and the other went by the name of "the urine carrussel" and by then end of a diving day, even though noone would profess to making underwater "Chief Yellow Cloud impressions" it would exude a pungent smell laden with hidden meaning ...

DandyDon:
Haven't see a woman do it yet, tho. :D

That's because you wear your mask on your forehead, Don.

ItsBruce:
One of the women who sails on my boat does. BTW: I've heard that most people found dead in the ocean are found dead in the ocean with their flies open.

Makes sense. I mean who wants to be found floating dead - AND with smelly pants.

Xanthro:
LOL, the Discovery Channel and National Geographic do not make anything true.

Can the catfish lodge inside your body, yes it can. As I said, American mudcat can as well. That said, there is no proof the fish swims up the penis.

Every single medical reference dates from the 1940s or earlier and almost every single one is second or third hand related. What is more likely, that the fish suddenly changed its habits in the last 60 years, or that the original information was not properly vetted?

Will you accept a photo of one being removed from a penis as proof?
See
http://www.arquivoshellis.com.br/revista/01_021004/021004_ahellis_01.pdf
Go to page 13.
This case is recent, 2004, documented by a doctor in the Amazon region and published in a serious Latin American Urology magazine.

According to Dr. Douglas Deidrich of the University of New York School of Medicine:

"Urine is usually sterile but not always as you may have an infection."

It is still a pretty benign substance.

Almost 100 pee-posts. Very impressive!

Sea ya!

MOFNMOF #94

like someone said, put the wetsuit over the boots and relax. please tell me someone covered that in your open water class.

craborn:
like someone said, put the wetsuit over the boots and relax. please tell me someone covered that in your open water class.
:confused: I'm not sure what you mean? My skin and 1 mil long go inside my high boots, my 5 & 7 mil longs both zip down over the high boots - don't remember about my 3 mil, haven't worn it in a long time. But boots are always put on last, after donning the jump suit.

I figure the urine trickles down my skin/1-mil to inside my booties, but that it helps prevent fungal infections. Or is it camel dung that does that? At any rate, it's diluted enough I'm not going to worry, and besides - like I can prevent it? We all do 'cuz we have to do so. Can't be helped.

I think it is considered courteous to let water in the neck while on the drift line, to help wash it out as you exit the water. :wink:

When you have to go you have to go...........just limit it to the DIVE and not the boat time.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom