What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
Will you accept a photo of one being removed from a penis as proof?
See
http://www.arquivoshellis.com.br/revista/01_021004/021004_ahellis_01.pdf
Go to page 13.
This case is recent, 2004, documented by a doctor in the Amazon region and published in a serious Latin American Urology magazine.

OMG. I read this today before I went out. True or not it took a bit to get it off of my mind. Now I run into and read this! Yuk, oh why did I dlook. :(

I've been a peein in my suit since my first open water. I dont know how anyone can hold it being just a tad nervous and in 62 degree water!?!?!?!
Anyways 12 dives and my suit still doesn't stink. I flush it well. One dive I peed 3 times! LOL :toilet
The one time my suit did stink was when we cleaned a well pipe and I sunk down into the muck a little. OK - a lot. I didn't rinse well enough. - (note: I did not pee on this dive. Was only in the water for 15 min.) Had to get that MiraZyme stuff and that worked like a charm.

Missdirected:
OMG. I read this today before I went out. True or not it took a bit to get it off of my mind. Now I run into and read this! Yuk, oh why did I dlook. :(
I'm glad someone looked and reported. I didn't want to. Thanks for the verification. :D

miketsp:
Will you accept a photo of one being removed from a penis as proof?
See
http://www.arquivoshellis.com.br/revista/01_021004/021004_ahellis_01.pdf
Go to page 13.
This case is recent, 2004, documented by a doctor in the Amazon region and published in a serious Latin American Urology magazine.

No, because I cannot read the article. As I've said, it's possible in very rare cases for it to lodge in an orifice, in the same manner that mudcat can lodge themselves. That said, it's not following a urine stream.

Any small fish can lodge itself in places that are painful.

I am volunteering Xanthro to go skinny dipping in a South American river every time he/she has to go pee for 6 whole months, as a test case.

Edit: Oops, mispelled name

scubafool:
I am volunteering Zanthro to go skinny dipping in a South American river every time he/she has to go pee for 6 whole months, as a test case.

Sure, I'd have no problem with it. Now, I still won't pee in my wetsuit.

nuswhl:
Male and female. Wetsuit in tropical waters.
Wow - a warm water hermaphrodite! Don't see too many of them... If Howarde gets a decent video, put me down for Asian distribution rights.

WOW, 106 plus posts about the most common question any newbie asks, i have always did it in my wetsuit since i learned to dive. i don't understand what the big deal is... if your suit starts to smell it is most likely from the parasites in the water not pee.

I at present wear multiple layers of wetsuits cause I am cheap. I have to flush REALLY well, or I get reminded of my indiscretions.

Divedoggie:
Bottom time over an hour on many dives = Just gotta go.
The only suit that I won't pee in is my drysuit.
None of my wetsuits are in the least bit stinky!
The solution to pollution is dilution!

I pee in my drysuit! :shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom