What happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah, now we can have well-trained DIR divers discussing their 190 foot air dives in here :) Much better than it used to be!
Well thanks Nick . . . it's all just about respecting a diver faced with a hobsonian dilemma (Hobson's Choice), and the choice made but mitigated somewhat by benign dive conditions and prudent mission goals & safeguards --despite violating the DIR Commandment of No Deep Air (There was no availability of Helium in Truk Lagoon to blend at that time, okay?): I'm feeling penitent, asking for forgiveness, and seeking redemption and salvation from Strokephile Hell. . .:lotsalove:

Bless you my son! Your errant strokery is forgiven.

Rise, and walk in the light, and sin no more!

(Until the next time you're back at Truk Lagoon or the Bikini coral atoll!...) :wink:

Father Doc

Click here to support Father Doc's Home for Unwed Fathers... X

No prob, I am mostly just yanking Rumbo's tail a little (probably in violation of all kinds of TOS :)

yeah, looks like we've got access now, but i read the thread and i think you're on your own... enjoy...

No prob, I am mostly just yanking Rumbo's tail a little (probably in violation of all kinds of TOS :)

Like Lamont, I just read it. I completely agree with you. Choosing to do 190' air dives because helium is too expensive/ not available is not remotely DIR. The correct DIR answer is to do the dives that the gases available allow to be done properly. Having said that, that forum is specifically for people that live on a different planet so I don't plan on touching any of the threads in it.

But my point is that should you decide to use Deep Air, it's doable/manageable within certain conditions and restraints --albeit still risky. Ratio Deco 1:1 still works for an Air Mix with Deco on 50% & O2 (and no Nick, that doesn't mean it's applicable for 300' Air Dives okay? Obviously you've got Oxtox/Narcosis issues at that depth, and RD schedules of 1:3 and 1:4 mandate the use of Hypoxic Trimix). I really don't care whether y'all judge the experience as non-DIR, but simply put it here amongst my peers as a contingency reference, a "FYI" if you will. . .

I hear JJ and Casey used deep air on the Wakulla connection last month... :mooner:

What was George's saying again? Somethiing about "If somebody tells you at the dock that it's OK to dive deep air, then Rule 1 them as you can be sure they aren't going to get any smarter at depth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom