What happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman_02

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What happened here?

Where did all the moderators go?

Have we gone back to the same old crap in here where everyone just comes in and throws their two cents around whether it is DIR or not?

If you want non-DIR tidbits allowed this seems to be the forum. If you don't it has to go in the practicioners subforum. I think our new moderators have been fairly generous on allowing DIR vs. non-DIR discussions in here. No non-DIR questions or answers in the practitioners area. Seems fairly effective to me. I don't think we need to sanitized zones :lol

It's Christmas -- can't expect people to be on the computer 24/7 looking for non-DIR posts. :D
Merry Christmas everyone!

I thought this forum was intended for people to ask question about DIR even though they may not _be_ DIR. In which case I'd think non-DIR questions should be ok, as long as they get DIR answers.

Non-DIR answers have no place in either forum, the whole rest of SB is available for that after all.

Someone wake up Jeff & Lamont :)

It's not entirely clear to me what the current vision is, but it seems as though this part of the forum was to permit a certain amount of challenging of DIR ideas -- you know, the "why bolt snaps instead of shackle bolts?" kind of discussion. The Practitioners zone seems to be more for discussing the "what", and the "why" comes up as a request for information, rather than a challenge to that particular decision.

That's just my take on it. I don't moderate the DIR threads any more, since they hired a specific crew to do it :)

Prior to volunteering I only read about 10% of the threads. Now, I try to scan all of them to make sure they are sort of on track. But, I hate doing it and didn't over the holidays. I will try to cull through the problems now.

I couldn't really find any threads that needed attention. I would point out that the number of members that have access to the practioner's zone is quite high now and is a better place to post DIR related threads since a problem poster is far less likely and it is much easier to deal with them by simply removing access if it does happen.

The DIR forum is more for posts by the unitiatied that have basic DIR questions and those that, for lack of a better explanation, better convey the DIR reasoning with a bit of controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom