What happened? South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prelimanary reports from the coroners office, as reported by the Myrtle Beach newspaper, is they have found nothing as of yet. The gear and tank are being sent to a facility in Texas for testing. Nothing was mentioned as to what site, what boat or anything like that. All the paper had was that they were 38 miles out.

Most sincere condolences to any family and friends.

I talked to a diver today so it is second hand but he was on the boat. The dive op was Coastal Scuba and the site was The Hebe. He said they(her group) splashed in before him and came up after him. She was diveing 32% EANx depth was 107 fsw. She made it to the hang line and signaled she didn't feel well and her buddy brought her up. He said when she hit the surface she was unconcious. They did CPR on the boat and administered 100% O2. This is all from what he told me I wasn't there.
My condolences to her family. May God be with them and help them through this trying time.
Dive Safe, Dive Often,
Butch

outlaws:
I talked to a diver today so it is second hand but he was on the boat. The dive op was Coastal Scuba and the site was The Hebe. He said they(her group) splashed in before him and came up after him. She was diveing 32% EANx depth was 107 fsw. She made it to the hang line and signaled she didn't feel well and her buddy brought her up. He said when she hit the surface she was unconcious. They did CPR on the boat and administered 100% O2. This is all from what he told me I wasn't there.
My condolences to her family. May God be with them and help them through this trying time.
Dive Safe, Dive Often,
Butch

So it did happen in the water... According to your version everybody acted in a timely manner - probably something serious.

The dive where the accident happened was called the Hebe and it was our second dive of the day. The first dive was on the Saint Cathan. The accident happened earlier than they reported in the news article. Her group entered the water about 3 minutes before mine; which was at 12:46pm. My computer said the dive was 40 minutes and the accident happened as I was getting off the ladder. That puts it at 1:26pm. She was unconscious before we got her on the boat. I don't know how experienced she was only that she was 40. Most people on the boat were seasoned divers and she recieved the best care. It was a very sad event. Condolences to her husband and two young children!

ScubaEee

PAdiver93:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=3521761

Any information about what actually happened? She is portrayed as experienced and fairly young... Does not seem like a diver prone to a physical problem.

Condolences to her family...

ScubaEee:
The dive where the accident happened was called the Hebe and it was our second dive of the day. The first dive was on the Saint Cathan. The accident happened earlier than they reported in the news article. Her group entered the water about 3 minutes before mine; which was at 12:46pm. My computer said the dive was 40 minutes and the accident happened as I was getting off the ladder. That puts it at 1:26pm. She was unconscious before we got her on the boat. I don't know how experienced she was only that she was 40. Most people on the boat were seasoned divers and she recieved the best care. It was a very sad event. Condolences to her husband and two young children!

ScubaEee

How complicated are the dive sites? Currents to fight with? Bottom temp?

What a terrible tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends and dive buddies.

Thanks for the report.

-Grier

Very sad indeed. My prayers to her family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom