What does it mean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries !!! We truly understand ! :D Just book the trip and join the rest of us !!!

Last edited:
It's 3 a.m. and I'm getting ready to go to work. Got in the bed at 11 p.m. Crime and all it's paperwork it's a never ending cycle.

You know the real job that pays the bills, that buys the tickets to Cozumel, that pays for the extra sets of scuba gear that you need to leave on the island. Not the scuba instructor job that buys the extra toys.

Cozumel, the place that your wife spends all summer getting away from all her students. Getting a tan, relaxing and scuba diving a couple of times a week.

The job, oh yea, that buys the car need to drive to Cozumel to leave on the island so you can easily get around to go buy all the things that you need to cook and do repairs on the house that you bought so that you could really enjoy the island more.

As Ted said we welcome you to our little club. Taking the first step is admitting you have a problem. By the time you get to step 12 it won't matter anymore.

I think my name is Jim but I'm not sure. I have been working so hard getting ready to leave for Cozumel on Thursday I can't remember. I'll sleep on the plane ride down.

We started going in 1985. At first it was just a one week trip. Then it morphed to the long weekend trips several times a year. It became an elopement/wedding trip in 1989 on the beach across from Casa del Mar. October of 1991 was seemingly the end since my wife was pregnant with, gender unknown at the time, my son. It seemed we were cured of something we never wanted to be cured from. Then my son turned 10 in 2002. He was interested in that "stuff" that he had never seen me use. I got him certified. October of 2002 we went back...and back...and back, and... Son now has his PADI OW/AOW, IANTD Deep/Nitrox/Advanced Nitrox. Daughter is 13 and has PADI Jr. OW. And Coz has us.

We have a problem, we know it's a problem, and we're not getting rid of the problem. No matter how many meetings we go to with other divers it's not's going away. Thinking about our wedding the marriage certificate is in spanish. Maybe I'm not really married and I bought a house down there? Hmm...need to look into it.

Just wait it gets worse, you start planning another trip before you have even taken the next scheduled one.

Amen to that brother! :D

Mathewjen - welcome to the dark side .... or maybe it's just the wet side!:)

At least it's not painful and my addiction does not show to all my friends at home. but still I do not feel I can share my need to go back to the island with them, so I hope that I can let it all out here. As for my wife she is sick to so I will try to support her needs. On the plane coming home she said we should increase the length of our next therapy sessions to at least two weeks next time. Don't worry honey I will support you as it seems we are not alone. I have known for some time that I carry this burden, but it is nice to know that we are not alone.

Amen to that brother! :D

Mathewjen - welcome to the dark side .... or maybe it's just the wet side!:)

Hey Kathy, Have a wonderful time !!! Do you have room in your luggage.....for ME ???

Hey Kathy, Have a wonderful time !!! Do you have room in your luggage.....for ME ???

LOL ... I don't have room for clothes!! (But who needs those anyway!!) We'll be back again in June .... check you're schedule! :D

LOL ... I don't have room for clothes!! (But who needs those anyway!!) We'll be back again in June .... check you're schedule! :D

Already booked..June 22 - July 8. Blue XT SEA/Villa Escondida

Back
Top Bottom