What do you use your LDS for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my LDS mainly for travel and training. They don't keep a lot of inventory in stock- except for "do-dads" and whatnot. On the other hand they teach about everything in the book from SASY kid diving to expedition trimix using rebreathers.

Training! :D

I have not done any for a while, but I appreciate having the advantage of having many local shops where if I wanted to take training, I could. I sometimes use them for fills as well.

Our LDS has a travel agency, and sometimes they offer reasonable deals to scuba destinations. I tend to do my own thing, and just book my own airfare and hotels, boats, but it's nice to have the LDS option.

I can't say I buy much from the LDS, or go there for service. Their choice, not mine. They don't deal on retail pricing much, and their prices are high. I have purchased a few odds and ends from time to time, but not generally.

Everything!!!!
They take such great care of me , I support Dolphin Scuba Center of Sacramento 100%!!

Thanks Dolphin you rock!!:)

Air fills, occasional tank rentals, buckles, snaps, clips, etc.

Exactly the same, plus VIP's and hydros for my tanks. Occasional small gear purchases even though I could get them cheaper online... and small talk :D

Best wishes.

Duh, I guess we all have different needs but I use them for air fills, nitrox, visuals, gear, charters, classes, to talk diving, to talk anything cause I like them. Isn't that sorta what a LDS does? And I guess some of you don't buy gear there cause you can get it cheaper online, well I buy my prescription drugs only through the mail, maybe you buy yours from the pharmacy. I like chocolate, you like vanilla. Some dive shops suck, some are great. Is there point to this question?

What do you use your local Home Depot for?

Sorry for being a smartass but it's late and I've been drinking wine.

I use my LDS to keep my 3 year old daughter busy runnng around with a lobster snare, snaring everything in the shop while I get my tank filled and talking about diving with the people that work there.

I spend less than a couple hundred per month and they are much closer to home than work (a dive charter), but everything else you said fits my relationship with Maui Dreams Dive Shop here in Kihei.

It's been a few years since I was in Maui, but it seemed that dive shops there were like coffee shops in Seattle ... if you don't like the one you're doing business with just walk across the street and say hello to their competitor.

Competition sometimes brings out the best in a business ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom