What do you do when your adult child does something stupid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stupid is getting blind drunk and then driving all his other blind drunk mates home.

Tongue piercing is just silly. It's not very likely to kill him or injure anyone else. He's the only one that will have to really deal with the negative consequences. I'm not sure I'd sweat it. Whatever dude, it's your tongue that's going to turn blue.

After you ***** and moan, or mock :D him for a while make sure you talk to him about how to take care of it while it's healing so he doesn't get an infection and then get into real problems.

My mom stilld doesn't know about my tattoo and I'm 36! When she went balistic over my home ear piercing projects I closed up on telling her about my little adventures. Don't make the same mistake..... just imho.

Ann Marie:
He got his tongue pierced today.
I'm only 10 years older... but... be greatful that this is all it was. It was nothing.

I hire professionally... this is not a barrier. The world is a change'in.

_Bella_:
Stupid is getting blind drunk and then driving all his other blind drunk mates home.

Tongue piercing is just silly. It's not very likely to kill him or injure anyone else. He's the only one that will have to really deal with the negative consequences. I'm not sure I'd sweat it. Whatever dude, it's your tongue that's going to turn blue.

After you ***** and moan, or mock :D him for a while make sure you talk to him about how to take care of it while it's healing so he doesn't get an infection and then get into real problems.

My mom stilld doesn't know about my tattoo and I'm 36! When she went balistic over my home ear piercing projects I closed up on telling her about my little adventures. Don't make the same mistake..... just imho.

I agree. This is perhaps a "head shaker" type of thing, hardly worth getting worked up about.:wink:

Dave

If that's the stupidest thing he ever does, you've done a great job as a parent.

I'd tease him a little, but don't make a huge deal over this. From the sound of things, you've raised him to be thoughtful, independent and respectful, and that's the best gift a parent could give a child.

He's going to make many, many more descisions that you'll disagree with. If you fight with him over silly things like this that are of no consequence, he won't listen to you when he needs you most, when he's about to make a stupid mistake that will have serious consequences.

If that's the worse thing he's done . . .relax. . . .I work in a professional, fairly conservative field - civil engineering - and I have my nosed pierced. It was much to my surprise that nobody even blinked an eye at work when I had it done a few years ago. I heard through the grapevine that the boss I was worried about said that he didn't have a problem with a small piercing like that on a women - I wear a tiny silver ball in it most of the time. Piercing and tattoos in general are pretty much accepted any more, as long as they're not too over the top.

And it is only a tongue piercing - he could have decided to stretch his ears and have huge holes in his lobes instead!

mania:
You should be happy that it was only tongue piercing. After all he could have pierced something else
:D
Mania

Like what my dear?! You mean peirced and tattood like moi? :D

BTW - the lisp thing will go away in a day or two after peircing. If he takes it out it'll heal up fairly quickly... over night it'll close up enough not to be able to put the stud back in.

The funniest thing I've seen is someone eating spaghetti who had just had their tongue peirced 3 days before. Kept wrapping.....

Don't you know, the dentists love those nuts that decided to have tongue piercings, the dentist business has picked up tremendously with all those chiped and cracked teeth that are being created.
Make sure he's off your dental policy!

Until a child reaches the age of 12 or so, we parents are managers. After that, we are consultants.

I have 5 daughters. Two are married; one lives in Florida, the other in Jerusalem. The third one spends $3000 a year to live in a college dorm one mile away from my home. The other two still live at home. One is 16, the other is 9.

Do I agree with every decision my girls have made? Of course not. But my wife and I raised them to be independent... And they are!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom