What do you do when your adult child does something stupid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's got a tattoo....

As TSandM says, it's not YOUR failure, it's HIS choice. And really...is it stupid?

Take one of those deep refreshing belly breaths, let the seratonins flow through your blood stream and swim through his choices and observe like the outsider that you are now.

You should be happy that it was only tongue piercing. After all he could have pierced something else
:D
Mania

Ann Marie:
Thanks for the advice...

I think I'll mimic him, you know with the lisp thing. :D That should be fun for a while. I'll call him and start tomorrow.
I sink thas a prithy funny ithea! :D take ze pith a bit......:lol:

This reminds me of my mother's reaction when I had my first tattoo done. :D

In my experience, as kids grow so do your worries. It's like diving, they don't know what they don't know. About the time they think they are the smartest is when they are on the steepest part of the learning curve and know the least. Most of them insist on finding out at least some of it the hard way and I don't know of a way to spare them (or you) that pain. I'm 47 and I ask my father for advice more now than when I was 18 or 20...and I listen more too. I may know a few things now but I thought that I knew more then.

I have a daughter almost 20 and a son almost 21 and I could jump in here with plenty of stories. Both are good kids but my daughter could have had the world on a silver platter...straight A student, special school for geniuses, every big school in the country fighting over her...and she gets married instead and works at walmart. My son has a greater sense of right and wrong and duty than any one I've ever known. So...what does he do?. He joined the marines. He's a brave guy but I'm scared to death!

So, you get them to a certain point and all you can do is sit back, watch and pray.

On my Grandmother's wall

"The two greatest gifts we can give our children
One is Roots
The other is Wings"

A piercing is not permanent and you can still give your child a hug.

Mike, I remember when I joined the corps 19 years ago my father looked at me dumbfounded and said, "But,if we go to war you'll be the first to go." And all I could say was "Exactly." Now 3 wars later and I have as yet to see a combat zone.

onfloat:
On my Grandmother's wall

Mike, I remember when I joined the corps 19 years ago my father looked at me dumbfounded and said, "But,if we go to war you'll be the first to go." And all I could say was "Exactly." Now 3 wars later and I have as yet to see a combat zone.

My fingers are crossed but...my terminology might be off here but my son is a scout and driver in the 1st LAR. With the stuff that's going on these days, I'm afraid there's a good chance that he'll see combat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom