What do you bring on the boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

water, the most important thing.

A slip-on short summer skirt makes changing out of wet bathing suit bottoms and into dry panties much easier.
yup, and never accidently leave undies on the boat or they end up on the flag pole. So, if someone calls you and asks if you left some, just say no.

"deny, deny, deny" (Bill Clinton)

My gear(only what is to be used for that dive)
A save-a-dive kit,Water for drinking,and rinsing if on a smaller boat.
Oh,and cash for tips(they really are appreciated)

Take the entire makeup kit:D . you will impress everyone on the boat:14: if you can apply makeup while going to the reef.:06: And don't forget extra lipstick before you go underwater.

For those who wear glasses, several packets of those lens cleaners are handy.

LuvDaOcean,

If you don't mind me piggybacking onto your original question...

I'm hoping to be in the same position soon that the OP is currently in, and I'm wondering what most women wear on the boat in terms of footwear. If the boat and passenger # is small enough (I think I'll be on a private boat with 2 other OW students), is it OK to just bring flip flops/thongs, or should I buy something more durable such as Crocs?

Thx! :)

I personally do not like flip-flops or other open-toed footwear for dive boat use. There's no protection for your feet if you happen to get a weight or tank dropped on them.

I always have a small bottle of "New Skin Liquid Bandage" not actual Band Aid Brand(too runny). Good for small cuts and scrapes. Works as an antiseptic also.

Wow, thank you everyone! I can't believe that I hadn't even thought of some of the most basic things like water, chapstick, etc.. DUH!

Well, since I don't wear make-up I won't be needing my non-existent make-up kit (run JimLap...eeeekkkk!...ugly no make-up woman here! :wink:), but a backpack towel sounds like a great idea if only I knew what one was. Ber or anyone else, can you help with this? And just to show how much of a newbie I am can anyone tell me exactly what a dry bag is? :blush:

I would love to bring a camera, but I've read so many times in these forums that the instructors don't really appreciate non-essential items clipped on to the students when they're certifying them. Is this true? I was hoping to buy a cheapy underwater camera and shyly hand it to our instructor on our last dive and in a very small voice ask if he/she wouldn't mind taking a shot of myself and my son together underwater (mostly at my husband's request, but I would love a pic like that, too).

And I know that the whole tipping issue has been the subject of much debate on this board. Every thread that I have read here in regards to the tipping thing...well, I walk away WAY more confused about it than ever! Should I only tip the instructor? Should I tip the entire boat crew? How much do I tip to whom? Who do I hand the money to? I'm seriously in the dark when it comes to this. help?

Thanks again to all of you who've been kind enough to reply to this thread. You're awesome!

And, annasea, no I don't mind at all if you piggyback on this thread. I'd like to know the answer to your question too since I was only planning on bringing flip flops myself. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom