What do you bring on the boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuvDaOcean

Reaction score
Hey scubagirls!

I'm going to be certified in the Keys next week which is about 3300 miles from home and I'm sitting here wondering what handy little personal items I should pack to bring on the boat with me? What have you all found from your experiences that you were sooooo glad you brought along?

So far, all I can come up with is this list (aside from geat, that is! :)):

sunglasses
sunscreen
little brush
little mirror
towel
snacks
big T-shirt for SI
creme rinse
dive table
log book
hat

Is that too much? Or do you have suggestions for anything that I might add to that list to make things as comfortable as possible as far as...yes, vanity purposes go. :wink:

Thanks tons!

lipstick too. Gotta love those clear dry bags. You can see your cell phone, etc.

baseball cap and ponytail holders.

Where's your save-a-dive kit? I don't bring a paper logbook because it might get soaked. You need a drybag for it if you do.

she is getting certed, so I think that might be a bit much RH... lets just worry about the important stuff first. (sincere smile)

Take a wind breaker for the SI and the trip back. It will make a big difference in your comfort.

Hard candy or gum to get that salt water taste out of your mouth
Pantene spray-in conditioner/detangler
Lip sunscreen
Nail clippers and file (I'm always breaking nails diving)
A slip-on short summer skirt makes changing out of wet bathing suit bottoms and into dry panties much easier.
Get one of those backpacking towels, they are much more compact than a regular towel and dry faster.
Sandals that can get wet

Those are things I've found to be really handy over the years.
Ber :lilbunny:

Cash, for tipping the crew.

Camera, for enjoying the moments later (and posting here with your trip report).

This is kinda related.... pack your gear in a mesh bag that squashes down to nothing. Make sure you have anything you want dry in a drybag or some big ziplocs.

TIP: Don't leave anything that should be dry anywhere near where you're going to be sitting when you get out of the water. The place for your t-shirt and sunglasses is elsewhere.

Rachel

A hard case for your glasses/sunglasses...just in case someone decides to sit on yours while you're below. :bncry:

Back
Top Bottom