What Do You Brag About Most?

What diving accomplishment are you most happy about?

• The [b]deepest[/b] dive I did

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • My [b]longest[/b] dive

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • My [b]furthest[/b] penetration

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The [b]lowest vis[/b] dive I did

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The [b]tightest[/b] penetration dive I did

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The [b]funnest[/b] dive I've gone on

Votes: 54 48.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
The accomplishments that I am most happy about are those of my students.
I'll second that! I once had a very short, very smart 12 year old point to our scooter display and say I want to do that! What he was really pointing at was the picture of scooter divers at the St. Anthony wreck, not really a beginner shore dive. I may have been distracted by a nearby bikini, causually responding scooter dives are for certified divers only.

10 minutes later he was back with his dad saying he wanted to get certified and do the scooter dive to the wreck. After verifying he was old enough, had the time, and dad was extatic his son wanted to learn something on vacation, I was backed into a soggy corner. Not wanting to burst his bubble, I promised if he was my best student ever I would take him to the wreck.

He was and I did. My favorite moment was the looks on the boat divers faces when I supermaned out of the blue with a midgit wing man. Some regulators nearly fell out from the size of the boat divers eyes, priceless. The kid followed my briefing perfectly and still had 1200psi on a 63 after a 60 minute dive to 71'!

I give most of the credit to this young diver, it is his accomplishment that was most fulfilling for me!

For me it was being able to do the math for my DM class. We did not have calculus as part of any curriculum I saw when I was in school. And math is NOT my friend. I studied my butt off to learn what I needed to pass my DM test.
That and the DM swims! Took months of swimming lessons to pass that part. Never was a really good swimmer as I refused to put my face in the water. LOL can you imagine? No problems with that now :wink:

I like to tell the story about the trip to Nanaimo, diving in 23 degree air temps and with a thin layer of ice on the top of the water. I guess it makes me feel macho . . . :)

The diving accomplishment I'm most proud of is that I learned to do it at all!

I like to brag about how a few weeks ago I freedived down to 23 feet. Then, in a flurry of madly kicking floppy fins, blond hair, and grim determination, my son dove down, slapped his dad's hand, and we both headed back up.

I am oh so proud of that dive.

Just the fact that I'm getting certified! May not sound like much to other divers, but I'm constantly telling all my friends how I'm gonna be a scuba diver :14:

I tell more people about the fun stuff...the fish, the wrecks, the underwater antics (mooning your buddy for example) than the depths, length, etc. I am also proud that the number of dives I started equal the number of dives I have walked away from. :walksmil:

6gunsal:
Just the fact that I'm getting certified! May not sound like much to other divers, but I'm constantly telling all my friends how I'm gonna be a scuba diver :14:

BINGO!

Now that I really think about it, none of my small, incremental scuba accomplishments are as great as the first one: getting certified and doing those first dives safely.

Later accomplishments are just small building blocks added to that foundation.

You're right to feel excited and impressed anticipating your first diving accomplishment! :)

Make that foundation a good one and you can really brag! :D

Dave C

My choice isn't there -- the most interesting thing I've seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom