What Do You Brag About Most?

What diving accomplishment are you most happy about?

• The [b]deepest[/b] dive I did

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • My [b]longest[/b] dive

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • My [b]furthest[/b] penetration

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The [b]lowest vis[/b] dive I did

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The [b]tightest[/b] penetration dive I did

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The [b]funnest[/b] dive I've gone on

Votes: 54 48.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound:
Which diving accomplishment is most fulfilling to you?

Well, just learning to dive.

I have been very fortunate to have great teachers and mentors, Lou Fead, Bill Costello, Barry Friedman, Seiji Hattori, and others.

Most fun: diving with my sons, diving solo, and diving with migrating Gray Whales.

I scored a hat-trick once in midget hockey, played on my college football team, can finish the Friday NY Times crossword in 15 minutes or less.

There is really nothing to brag about in diving--it's not a sport. I suspect that many of the people who try to make it into one got cut from the team when they were kids, got picked last when choosing sides, or for some reason really missed out on the male bonding most of us got our fill of at some foolish fraternity ritual 20 years ago. Just a theory though.:wink:

There is really nothing to brag about in diving--it's not a sport. I suspect that many of the people who try to make it into one got cut from the team when they were kids, got picked last when choosing sides, or for some reason really missed out on the male bonding most of us got our fill of at some foolish fraternity ritual 20 years ago. Just a theory though.
...lol...Revenge of the Nerds?

We don't stigmatize bragging around here. Oahuianns boast freely in the spirit of good fish stories. We really keep ourselves entertained, may be it's the isolation...

When I was younger I would tell stories of all the bones I have broken, how fast I have been in cars and motorcycles, how deep I've been, etc... Now that I am a little older, I am paying for the physical punishment I have put myself through every morning I wake up or when it rains. I am still paying for the 145mph speeding tickets and arrests I had. And I am REALLY lucky nothing happened to me by deep diving without proper training.

Now, I brag about my son (of course) and my job. I love helping others and love it when others help others. Kinda wish the "pay-it-forward" idea was more widespread.

Other than those two things, I don't feel the need to compare what I have done to others which is what really is going on when someone brags. I love diving and the experiences I have from that are simply stories told for entertainment. Stories around the boat, or at the resort, or around the fire, or whatever, are fun times spent with friends. Good times, good times.

That's easy, I always brag about my SAC rate.

Averages about 6 time a week. :eyebrow::eyebrow::D

coffee, and loading the car...

now that's sustainable.

well, I don't want to underate it either...lol

Uhm...
I brag about my seasickness,
not many divers have seasickness!

I'm usually most proud of making it to the surface and then back on the boat.

My lack of danglies....

*DOH*

Back
Top Bottom